'We can not sell players that are playing because we would have to replace them for better players and, in January, we would need a lot of money to convince players to come here, that is nearly impossible in January, ' said Benitez.
"I did not have a clear view, but with the technology we have my assistant was able to take a look and he said it was a clear penalty and a red card for Diame but the referee didn't see it so it's part of the game".
"Sometimes the fans can stay a little nervous if the team is not in a good way".
Swansea come into the contest in poor form after picking up just one win in their last five matches.More news: California Mudslides Death Toll Rises To 19, Residents Told To Evacuate
Although Swansea remain bottom of the league with 16 games left to play, there has been an air of optimism since Carvalhal arrived to succeed Paul Clement.
Carvalhal masterminded a League Cup upset at St James' in September 2015 when Steve McClaren was Newcastle manager and he repeated that 1-0 win against Benitez's side in a Sky Bet Championship fixture on Boxing Day 2016.
"We have until the 31st of January and I am confident that we will do what we have to do", he said.
"But the others? We can not sell them because the others are already playing".More news: Up to Date Stock in Review: Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ:MSFT)
He said: "Any player when you are not winning a game like this one, so important, I think they have to be disappointed if they don't continue playing". It would be worse if we were not creating chances.
That Newcastle scrambled a point in a game they should have won but could have lost was down to an unlikely hero. "This is not a decisive game, but we must progress and be competitive".
"Still he can improve things, but in terms of mentality, character, he is someone who is going in the right direction and that is the main thing for us and the club because you don't have too many centre-backs around with this presence and this character".
"We have to work with the names we have, and try to do our best in the conditions we are working in".More news: Indie games Fe and Celeste are headed to the Nintendo Switch
- Carroll Financial Associates Inc. Has $10.95 Million Stake in Johnson & Johnson (JNJ)
- U.S. disappointed in Myanmar decision on two reporters under OSA
- Ethiopia to release all political prisoners
- Coutinho and Mina Mark the Arrival of New Dawn at Barcelona
- India defeats Australian cricket team by 100 runs
- Manchester City's Ilkay Gundogan reveals why he turned down Liverpool transfer
- Tottenham 4-0 Everton: Harry Kane becomes Spurs' record Premier League goalscorer
- Kodak inventory soar after KodakCoin announcement
- Nvidia Corp (NASDAQ:NVDA) 2017 Q3 Sentiment Change
- Makar Sankranti 2018: Puja timings, rituals and significance of this harvest festival