'We can not sell players that are playing because we would have to replace them for better players and, in January, we would need a lot of money to convince players to come here, that is nearly impossible in January, ' said Benitez.
"I did not have a clear view, but with the technology we have my assistant was able to take a look and he said it was a clear penalty and a red card for Diame but the referee didn't see it so it's part of the game".
"Sometimes the fans can stay a little nervous if the team is not in a good way".
Swansea come into the contest in poor form after picking up just one win in their last five matches.More news: Burning Iranian oil tanker sinks in Japanese waters
Although Swansea remain bottom of the league with 16 games left to play, there has been an air of optimism since Carvalhal arrived to succeed Paul Clement.
Carvalhal masterminded a League Cup upset at St James' in September 2015 when Steve McClaren was Newcastle manager and he repeated that 1-0 win against Benitez's side in a Sky Bet Championship fixture on Boxing Day 2016.
"We have until the 31st of January and I am confident that we will do what we have to do", he said.
"But the others? We can not sell them because the others are already playing".More news: Fashion Photographers Mario Testino & Bruce Weber Accused Of Abusing Models
He said: "Any player when you are not winning a game like this one, so important, I think they have to be disappointed if they don't continue playing". It would be worse if we were not creating chances.
That Newcastle scrambled a point in a game they should have won but could have lost was down to an unlikely hero. "This is not a decisive game, but we must progress and be competitive".
"Still he can improve things, but in terms of mentality, character, he is someone who is going in the right direction and that is the main thing for us and the club because you don't have too many centre-backs around with this presence and this character".
"We have to work with the names we have, and try to do our best in the conditions we are working in".More news: No US sanctions on Iran nuclear deal for now
- Indie games Fe and Celeste are headed to the Nintendo Switch
- Makar Sankranti 2018: Puja timings, rituals and significance of this harvest festival
- India defeats Australian cricket team by 100 runs
- Dark Souls Remastered CONFIRMED: Nintendo Switch release revealed in Nintendo Direct
- Alexis signing would be on par with Cantona for Man United
- What we know about where Oprah stands on policy issues
- Donald Trump should apologize for remarks: African states
- Ethiopia to release all political prisoners
- What To Know About The Flu Virus As Season Ramps Up
- There's Already A Ridiculous $550+ Limited Edition For Dark Souls Remastered