A host of top English clubs including league leaders Manchester City and their domestic rivals Manchester United have been linked with a move for the Chile worldwide, though the Blues boss has now confirmed that the Londoners will not be part of this.
This could allow their North-London rivals to sign Malcom, as Arsenal are eyeing a potential replacement to Alexis Sanchez should he leave the Emirates this January.More news: Burning Iranian oil tanker sinks in Japanese waters
He was heavily linked with a move to Manchester City, but United have become the favourites after the Etihad Stadium outfit baulked at Arsenal's £35m January valuation. "That would represent a good deal". One thing is for certain, whoever comes in will have big shoes to fill, and he would certainly cost more than anything Arsenal may get for Sanchez.
The Armenia global has been linked with a potential exit at Old Trafford over the past couple of months or so following a hard 2017-18 season so far.
With the Old Trafford outfit and Madrid being the only clubs able to pull off such reckless endeavours, United's deal could undoubtedly annihilate the attacking figure's previous world-record transfer. "If it happens, it happens", Mourinho said.More news: Racist Homework Asks 9-Year-Olds Three 'Good' Reasons For Slavery
The report also suggests Mourinho was unwilling to enter the race to sign Sanchez in the previous transfer window in an attempt to avoid becoming embroiled in a summer-long battle for the Chilean's services. However, they fear they are being used by Sanchez's agent to elicit a higher bid from Manchester City and so have given the striker a deadline to make up his mind.
Alexis Sanchez would be a "major signing" for Manchester United, according to Andy Cole.
"City have a very comfortable advantage and they can sit on that; it is the sort of lead that gives a lot of tranquillity and takes away the pressure from the guy that comes behind you".More news: Federal Agency Returns to Accepting Requests Under DACA
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Whether Arsenal's interest in these players is concrete or not remains to be seen, but Sanchez will be going nowhere until a new attacker arrives.
- Tottenham 4-0 Everton: Harry Kane becomes Spurs' record Premier League goalscorer
- Carroll Financial Associates Inc. Has $10.95 Million Stake in Johnson & Johnson (JNJ)
- Accenture (ACN) PT Raised to $152.00 at Barclays
- Up to Date Stock in Review: Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ:MSFT)
- Duncan, Democratic House candidates react to Haiti comments
- 'Tide In, Dirt Out': Deadly Detergent Eating Flashmob Jumps to Dangerous Scale
- Kodak inventory soar after KodakCoin announcement
- What To Know About The Flu Virus As Season Ramps Up
- Fashion Photographers Mario Testino & Bruce Weber Accused Of Abusing Models
- Nvidia Corp (NASDAQ:NVDA) 2017 Q3 Sentiment Change