A host of top English clubs including league leaders Manchester City and their domestic rivals Manchester United have been linked with a move for the Chile worldwide, though the Blues boss has now confirmed that the Londoners will not be part of this.
This could allow their North-London rivals to sign Malcom, as Arsenal are eyeing a potential replacement to Alexis Sanchez should he leave the Emirates this January.More news: Nvidia Corp (NASDAQ:NVDA) 2017 Q3 Sentiment Change
He was heavily linked with a move to Manchester City, but United have become the favourites after the Etihad Stadium outfit baulked at Arsenal's £35m January valuation. "That would represent a good deal". One thing is for certain, whoever comes in will have big shoes to fill, and he would certainly cost more than anything Arsenal may get for Sanchez.
The Armenia global has been linked with a potential exit at Old Trafford over the past couple of months or so following a hard 2017-18 season so far.
With the Old Trafford outfit and Madrid being the only clubs able to pull off such reckless endeavours, United's deal could undoubtedly annihilate the attacking figure's previous world-record transfer. "If it happens, it happens", Mourinho said.More news: What To Know About The Flu Virus As Season Ramps Up
The report also suggests Mourinho was unwilling to enter the race to sign Sanchez in the previous transfer window in an attempt to avoid becoming embroiled in a summer-long battle for the Chilean's services. However, they fear they are being used by Sanchez's agent to elicit a higher bid from Manchester City and so have given the striker a deadline to make up his mind.
Alexis Sanchez would be a "major signing" for Manchester United, according to Andy Cole.
"City have a very comfortable advantage and they can sit on that; it is the sort of lead that gives a lot of tranquillity and takes away the pressure from the guy that comes behind you".More news: Vikings activate Bradford, Bridgewater will reportedly be No. 2
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Whether Arsenal's interest in these players is concrete or not remains to be seen, but Sanchez will be going nowhere until a new attacker arrives.
- How Have Institutional Investors Been Trading NIKE, Inc. (NKE)?
- California Mudslides Death Toll Rises To 19, Residents Told To Evacuate
- Ethiopia to release all political prisoners
- Satyam scandal fallout: SEBI bars PriceWaterhouse from corporate audits for two years
- Coutinho and Mina Mark the Arrival of New Dawn at Barcelona
- India defeats Australian cricket team by 100 runs
- Kodak inventory soar after KodakCoin announcement
- There's Already A Ridiculous $550+ Limited Edition For Dark Souls Remastered
- Indie games Fe and Celeste are headed to the Nintendo Switch
- No US sanctions on Iran nuclear deal for now