Later, a video of the auto was also posted on his Instagram account with the caption: "Barely made it out!"
With his girlfriend screaming at the top of her lungs, Franklin managed to get some traction and maneuver the auto to the bottom of the hill, where several other smashed-up vehicles had come to rest after similar journeys. His girlfriend was in the auto with him, he said.
As reported in the media, Desionne Franklin said, "My girlfriend was screaming at the top of her lungs: 'Go, go, go!"More news: A-list actresses bring activists to Golden Globes red carpet
The video emerged as rescuers frantically search for people who went missing after mudslides ravaged parts of Southern California earlier this week. Rescue officials said numerous missing may simply have been unreachable by family and friends who reported they could not find them.
"In disaster circumstances there have been many miraculous stories lasting many days and we certainly are searching for a miracle right now", Santa Barbara County Sheriff Bill Brown said. It picked up their vehicle and carried it down the hill.
"One of the cars looked like a wadded up piece of foil paper", said Franklin.More news: May reshuffles her Cabinet
"I just got pushed down the side of a hill by a wall of water and mud", he can be heard narrating. In the viral clip, which was posted on January 10, a vehicle is seen being dragged away due to the force of the mudslide.
On Tuesday, the Verdugo Mountains area that had been charred in the La Tuna Fire last September was particularly vulnerable to flash flooding.
Authorities issued evacuation orders on Tuesday after waves of mud from hills swept down County Club Drive in the Los Angeles foothill suburb.More news: Is It Time To Buy DST Systems Inc (NYSE:DST)?
"Rocks flowing, mud flowing everywhere".
- LG's 2018 OLED TVs: It's all about the software this year
- Mega-church destroyed in crackdown on Christians
- White House Denies That Adviser Was Escorted Off Set After CNN Interview
- Putin calls North Korea's Kim Jong-Un 'a competent, mature politician'
- BSNL to offer more data, validity under select prepaid plans
- International Business Machines Corporation (IBM), Medtronic plc (MDT)
- Crumbs... royals hid gems in a biscuit tin during the Blitz
- Tamil Nadu : Bus strike called off, services resumes after eight days
- Echo Arena thanks emergency services after vehicle park fire
- Health Care Advocates See Missed Opportunity In Brown's Proposed Budget