Poptopia at SAP Center in San Jose, Calif., Dec. 2.Taylor Swift's mammoth "reputation" Stadium Tour grows even larger as ticket demands result in the pop songstress adding shows on both coasts, Minnesota and Texas.
This will be Swift's fifth tour stop at Gillette Stadium - and her eighth, ninth, and 10th shows there - and while all of her previous concerts have sold out, she's struggling mightily to sell tickets this time around. Some fans are arguing that by paying so much more for Taylor's tickets, they may not be able to purchase tickets for other concerts or games for the remainder of the year. West received one of these Christmas cards from Taylor Swift in the post.
Starting on Friday, Swift fans will have another chance to get tickets when presale registration for the August show begins.More news: Is It Time To Buy DST Systems Inc (NYSE:DST)?
Tickets for the July 13 show will go on sale at 10 a.m. on January 31 at ticketmaster.com. This is contrary to the sales from her 1989 album tour in 2015, which reportedly sold out in minutes.
Couple that with six shows in Europe and five shows in Australia and New Zealand, and Swift is looking at earning anywhere between $390 million and $510 million for the Reputation Tour, putting her on track to have one of the top-grossing tours of all time based on Billboard Boxscores.
And while none of the shows have yet sold out, this is something Taylor's team have anticipated. While the practice does shift spending toward the artist, several ticketing professionals say they are concerned about how Swift's high ticket prices will affect consumers. Turns out that the upcoming Reputation tour... may not match those numbers.More news: White House Denies That Adviser Was Escorted Off Set After CNN Interview
The New York Post reports that sales across the world have not being going well - and its citing the massive mark-up on tickets as the primary reason.
The tour kicks off in Arizona on May 8.More news: A-list actresses bring activists to Golden Globes red carpet
- Illini players preview Iowa game
- Tributes pour in following death of a former Big Brother contestant
- Camila Cabello's Debut Album 'Camila' Breaks Major iTunes Record in 24 Hours
- Economists advise Modi on farm incomes, fiscal & jobs
- Putin calls North Korea's Kim Jong-Un 'a competent, mature politician'
- Texas native escapes California mudslide in Prius
- BSNL to offer more data, validity under select prepaid plans
- Government preparing for 12-week abortion limit despite Cabinet doubts
- Tamil Nadu : Bus strike called off, services resumes after eight days
- Zimbabwe president to visit Angola Friday