Poptopia at SAP Center in San Jose, Calif., Dec. 2.Taylor Swift's mammoth "reputation" Stadium Tour grows even larger as ticket demands result in the pop songstress adding shows on both coasts, Minnesota and Texas.
This will be Swift's fifth tour stop at Gillette Stadium - and her eighth, ninth, and 10th shows there - and while all of her previous concerts have sold out, she's struggling mightily to sell tickets this time around. Some fans are arguing that by paying so much more for Taylor's tickets, they may not be able to purchase tickets for other concerts or games for the remainder of the year. West received one of these Christmas cards from Taylor Swift in the post.
Starting on Friday, Swift fans will have another chance to get tickets when presale registration for the August show begins.More news: Camila Cabello's Debut Album 'Camila' Breaks Major iTunes Record in 24 Hours
Tickets for the July 13 show will go on sale at 10 a.m. on January 31 at ticketmaster.com. This is contrary to the sales from her 1989 album tour in 2015, which reportedly sold out in minutes.
Couple that with six shows in Europe and five shows in Australia and New Zealand, and Swift is looking at earning anywhere between $390 million and $510 million for the Reputation Tour, putting her on track to have one of the top-grossing tours of all time based on Billboard Boxscores.
And while none of the shows have yet sold out, this is something Taylor's team have anticipated. While the practice does shift spending toward the artist, several ticketing professionals say they are concerned about how Swift's high ticket prices will affect consumers. Turns out that the upcoming Reputation tour... may not match those numbers.More news: Texas native escapes California mudslide in Prius
The New York Post reports that sales across the world have not being going well - and its citing the massive mark-up on tickets as the primary reason.
The tour kicks off in Arizona on May 8.More news: Putin calls North Korea's Kim Jong-Un 'a competent, mature politician'
- Echo Arena thanks emergency services after vehicle park fire
- Army: Vegas Golden Knights Team Name Pulls a Ripcord
- Illini players preview Iowa game
- White House Denies That Adviser Was Escorted Off Set After CNN Interview
- BIGG BOSS 11: Shilpa Shinde responds on being trolled for 'only' cooking
- Tributes pour in following death of a former Big Brother contestant
- Lamborghini Urus makes way into India priced at Rs 3 crore
- Why Should We Make Future Payments to Palestinians?
- Economists advise Modi on farm incomes, fiscal & jobs
- BMO Capital Markets Lowers Twenty-First Century Fox (FOXA) to Market Perform