Poptopia at SAP Center in San Jose, Calif., Dec. 2.Taylor Swift's mammoth "reputation" Stadium Tour grows even larger as ticket demands result in the pop songstress adding shows on both coasts, Minnesota and Texas.
This will be Swift's fifth tour stop at Gillette Stadium - and her eighth, ninth, and 10th shows there - and while all of her previous concerts have sold out, she's struggling mightily to sell tickets this time around. Some fans are arguing that by paying so much more for Taylor's tickets, they may not be able to purchase tickets for other concerts or games for the remainder of the year. West received one of these Christmas cards from Taylor Swift in the post.
Starting on Friday, Swift fans will have another chance to get tickets when presale registration for the August show begins.More news: Aanchal Thakur wins India's 1st worldwide skiing medal, PM Modi lauds feat
Tickets for the July 13 show will go on sale at 10 a.m. on January 31 at ticketmaster.com. This is contrary to the sales from her 1989 album tour in 2015, which reportedly sold out in minutes.
Couple that with six shows in Europe and five shows in Australia and New Zealand, and Swift is looking at earning anywhere between $390 million and $510 million for the Reputation Tour, putting her on track to have one of the top-grossing tours of all time based on Billboard Boxscores.
And while none of the shows have yet sold out, this is something Taylor's team have anticipated. While the practice does shift spending toward the artist, several ticketing professionals say they are concerned about how Swift's high ticket prices will affect consumers. Turns out that the upcoming Reputation tour... may not match those numbers.More news: Economists advise Modi on farm incomes, fiscal & jobs
The New York Post reports that sales across the world have not being going well - and its citing the massive mark-up on tickets as the primary reason.
The tour kicks off in Arizona on May 8.More news: Dakar Rally: KP Aravind pulls out with broken ankle, injury toll increases
- HUD Awards Grants To Northern Illinois
- Government preparing for 12-week abortion limit despite Cabinet doubts
- BIGG BOSS 11: Shilpa Shinde responds on being trolled for 'only' cooking
- Wisconsin agencies aim to address human trafficking
- Three jawans falls from chopper during practice drill ahead of Army Day
- Illini players preview Iowa game
- Camila Cabello's Debut Album 'Camila' Breaks Major iTunes Record in 24 Hours
- Texas native escapes California mudslide in Prius
- A-list actresses bring activists to Golden Globes red carpet
- Echo Arena thanks emergency services after vehicle park fire