President TrumpDonald John TrumpHouse Democrat slams Donald Trump Jr. for "serious case of amnesia" after testimony Skier Lindsey Vonn: I don't want to represent Trump at Olympics Poll: 4 in 10 Republicans think senior Trump advisers had improper dealings with Russia MORE on Thursday agreed to meet with President Emmanuel Macron of France at the World Economic Forum in Switzerland.
The White House on Thursday announced an unusually large presidential delegation for the trip this month, including seven Cabinet secretaries and several high-ranking West Wing officials, among them Trump's son-in-law Jared Kushner. The theme for this year's Davos conference of business and government leaders couldn't be more at odds with his nationalist, "America First" world view. During today's White House press briefing, Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin was pressed on this matter. His visit will mark the first time a sitting USA president has attended the event in almost 20 years.The gathering of political leaders and business executives will take place on January 23-26. Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen, Energy Secretary Rick Perry, Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao and Labor Secretary Alex Acosta will also attend.More news: Tamil Nadu : Bus strike called off, services resumes after eight days
Mnuchin said that Trump would talk about "reciprocal, free, and fair trade" at the summit.
Trump ran on a message of economic populism.More news: Crumbs... royals hid gems in a biscuit tin during the Blitz
Trump himself plans to address the annual elite gathering of world leaders and chief executives, White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said on Tuesday. Last year, before he was inaugurated, none of Trump's aides or Cabinet nominees attended the conference.More news: Aanchal Thakur wins India's 1st worldwide skiing medal, PM Modi lauds feat
- HUD Awards Grants To Northern Illinois
- Lamborghini Urus makes way into India priced at Rs 3 crore
- Zimbabwe president to visit Angola Friday
- A-list actresses bring activists to Golden Globes red carpet
- Tributes pour in following death of a former Big Brother contestant
- Government preparing for 12-week abortion limit despite Cabinet doubts
- Economists advise Modi on farm incomes, fiscal & jobs
- Dakar Rally: KP Aravind pulls out with broken ankle, injury toll increases
- BMO Capital Markets Lowers Twenty-First Century Fox (FOXA) to Market Perform
- Global X MSCI Norway ETF (NORW) Rises 0.22% for Jan 9