The NSE Nifty50 was 0.14 per cent down at 10,636.
Asian markets were mixed, United States equities rose to record highs yesterday as investors remained optimistic about the market heading into the corporate earnings season.
The benchmark BSE Sensex retreated from record highs, dropping by 69.74 points in late morning trade on bouts of profit-booking in recent gainers led by consumer durables, banks, capital goods, financials and auto shares. The indexes posted a weekly advance of 1.3% and 1.2% respectively. On the other hand, realty index fell 1.46 per cent, FMCG 0.52 per cent, power 0.47 per cent and healthcare 0.34 per cent.More news: FDA approves expanded use of AstraZeneca cancer drug
In the Sensex kitty, private lender ICICI Bank emerged as the best performer with a rise of 2.63 percent, followed by Maruti Suzuki at 1.27 percent.
This is unedited, unformatted feed from the Press Trust of India wire.
It saw an intra-day movement of about 93.30 points.More news: Pelosi's 'five white guys' joke not well received by peer
As per provisional data, domestic institutional investors had bought shares worth Rs 770.02 crore, while FIIs sold equities to the tune of Rs 623.63 crore yesterday.
The key indices - which opened at fresh levels on Friday - had slipped into the negative territory on a sudden sell-off on account of an unprecedented event in which four senior judges of the Supreme Court met the media to complain that the administration of the country's top court was not in order, said market observers.
The BSE Mid-cap and BSE Small-cap indices were up 0.26% and 0.75%, respectively. China's custom-cleared trade data showed brisk growth in exports and imports in 2017, underscoring a global economy that continues to hum along nicely.More news: Arctic Monkeys announce first date of 2018
It surpassed its previous record closing of 10,651.20 hit on Thursday.
- Winter Olympics: Jenny Jones - history-maker at Sochi 2014
- Senior Housing Properties Trust (SNH) Shares Bought by AMP Capital Investors Ltd
- (NYSE:XOM) VP Sells $996600.00 in Stock
- United States manufacturing activity jumps in December
- Afghanistan U19s All Set To Face Pakistan In Cricket Match
- Channing Tatum's Gambit Movie Release Date Delayed
- Did Meghan Markle inspire Kate Middleton's latest look?
- Committed to work for India's NSG tag: USA envoy
- Japan protests to China over submarine near disputed…
- Cindy Crawford Revives Sexy Pepsi Ad for the Super Bowl