The move comes after years of declines for the brand.
"We know Diet Coke has all kinds of fans - from people who have loved its great taste since it launched in 1982 to millennial men and women who are always looking to try new things".
Diet Coke has not yet responded on Twitter, so we suspect that this war will fizzle out soon.More news: South Korea Pushes Denuclearization Through Olympic Engagement
"Millennials are now thirstier than ever for adventures and new experiences, and we want to be right by their side", Acevedo expressed.
The new brand represents Coca-Cola's biggest product investment for over a decade.
During the product's development process, Acevedo's department spoke with more than 10,000 Americans and created over 30 test flavours, including Diet Coke with "tropical, citrus and even botanical notes". The revamped can and additional flavors - ginger lime, feisty cherry, twisted mango and zesty blood orange - will hit store shelves in mid-January.More news: Gillian Anderson Confirms She's Done With X-Files
Simon Harrison, customer marketing director at Coca-Cola European Partners, said: "Coca-Cola Zero Sugar is one of the fastest growing brands in our portfolio". "Diet Coke and Coke Zero Sugar are two delicious, no-calorie sparkling choices - it's just a matter of personal preference". The Company is an independent Coca-Cola bottler in the United States.
On Wednesday, Diet Coke announced a major transformation to its cans, shifting to a taller, sleeker look that still holds the same 12-oz. portion of soda. He's known to drink 12 Diet Cokes a day. The look gives the brand a more contemporary feel. "This visual evolution elevates the brand to a more contemporary space, while still using at its foundation the recognizable core brand visual assets".
The redesigned cans will retain the brand's silver and red colouring, with different coloured accents for each of the new flavours.
The Atlanta-based company says the taste of the original Diet Coke - which has been repackaged in the new cans - will stay the same.More news: Kenya: US Scraps Travel Advisory Against Kenya
The new US Diet Coke packaging shift seems to contradict its previous message.
- Taylor Swift concert ticket sales 'a mega disappointment'
- Government preparing for 12-week abortion limit despite Cabinet doubts
- Zimbabwe president to visit Angola Friday
- New home launches plunge 78% in 2017
- White House Denies That Adviser Was Escorted Off Set After CNN Interview
- Legal pot won't slow market for medical marijuana: advocate
- Swiss mountain town Davos relishing in anti-globalist Trump spotlight
- US Government blocks Moneygram's merger with Alibaba's Ant Financial
- Trump Lawyer Files Pointless Lawsuit Against Buzzfeed
- Illini players preview Iowa game