Thursday, 18 January 2018
Latest news
Main » YouTube finally hands down punishment to creator for posting dead body video

YouTube finally hands down punishment to creator for posting dead body video

12 January 2018

REUTERS/Mike BlakeYouTube removes Logan Paul's channel from the Google Preferred lineup.

However, it's unclear how Paul's video was allowed to stay up on YouTube as long as it did. The video streaming website was also under criticism when Paul posted the video because the site reviewed it and still posted it and they didn't even take down the video Paul did.

YouTube issued its original statement above, and, a few days later, the company said it was looking into "further consequences" for Paul.

Google Preferred features YouTube's most popular content in packages for sale to advertisers. Paul received a firestorm of criticism after uploading a video on December 31, 2017, that showed the body of a man who appeared to have recently committed suicide.

More news: Samsung Galaxy S9 Confirmed To Debut At MWC 2018: What To Expect

Despite trying to make amends on more than one occasion, Logan Paul managed to become the comic book villain literally. Putting his YouTube Red and Originals projects "on hold" shows that YouTube isn't ready to have him star in any of its huge productions made for its paid video platform.

The backlash was immediate and fierce, and resulted in Paul pulling the video and issuing an apology. Before Paul and his team took down the grotesque video, it had been viewed over 6 million times.

The general public along with celebrities and politicians further demanded that YouTube take a different course of action when dealing with Logan Paul, which resulted in yet another statement.

Aside from his videos, Paul makes money from sponsored social media posts and merchandise - and it's worth noting that his apology video has racked up almost 40 million views. You're right to be.

More news: Joe Arpaio: 'Deport' Dreamers

However, Paul's popularity on YouTube has not been adversely affected by the fall-out, with the social media star gaining more than 400,000 subscribers since the contentious clip was released, according to Social Blade. "You deserve to know what's going on".

To brush up, YouTube's guidelines specifically states that "it's not okay to post violent or gory content that's primarily meant to be shocking, sensational, or disrespectful".

YouTube in an open letter on Tuesday said it was "upset by the video that was shared last week", saying that "suicide is not a joke, nor should it ever be a driving force for views".

More news: Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age hits PC in February with Optimizations

YouTube finally hands down punishment to creator for posting dead body video