However, it's unclear how Paul's video was allowed to stay up on YouTube as long as it did. The video streaming website was also under criticism when Paul posted the video because the site reviewed it and still posted it and they didn't even take down the video Paul did.
Google Preferred features YouTube's most popular content in packages for sale to advertisers. Paul received a firestorm of criticism after uploading a video on December 31, 2017, that showed the body of a man who appeared to have recently committed suicide.More news: SpaceX rocket satellite 'CRASHED into Indian Ocean in botched mission'
Despite trying to make amends on more than one occasion, Logan Paul managed to become the comic book villain literally. Putting his YouTube Red and Originals projects "on hold" shows that YouTube isn't ready to have him star in any of its huge productions made for its paid video platform.
The backlash was immediate and fierce, and resulted in Paul pulling the video and issuing an apology. Before Paul and his team took down the grotesque video, it had been viewed over 6 million times.
The general public along with celebrities and politicians further demanded that YouTube take a different course of action when dealing with Logan Paul, which resulted in yet another statement.
Aside from his videos, Paul makes money from sponsored social media posts and merchandise - and it's worth noting that his apology video has racked up almost 40 million views. You're right to be.More news: Kia teases 2019 Forte sedan with renderings ahead of Detroit debut
However, Paul's popularity on YouTube has not been adversely affected by the fall-out, with the social media star gaining more than 400,000 subscribers since the contentious clip was released, according to Social Blade. "You deserve to know what's going on".
To brush up, YouTube's guidelines specifically states that "it's not okay to post violent or gory content that's primarily meant to be shocking, sensational, or disrespectful".More news: James Franco Accused Of 'Sexually Inappropriate And Exploitative Behavior' By Five Women
- Rohingya Children Stranded in Myanmar Without Their Parents, Says UN
- Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age hits PC in February with Optimizations
- US Senate committee probes Apple over slowing iPhones
- M&S revenues fall as pressures on household budgets mount
- Trump touts a poll that's bad for him
- Wendy Williams Aims At Kylie Jenner With Loaded Insults Surrounding Pregnancy Rumours
- Circuit City announces reboot almost 9 years after closing
- Zinedine Zidane confirms clear-the-air talks with Real Madrid squad
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze Will Release on Switch in May
- US Department of State ranks Armenia among safest countries for travel