Another party MLA Hari Shankar Yadav said that even he was willing to go to jail for his party chief if the court ordered him so.
Yadav's trusted cook Lakshman Mahto and his longtime attendant Madan Yadav, who stayed in Birsa Munda Central Jail since December 23, were not found in their homes, said police.
Transporters/suppliers Tripurari Mohan Prasad got seven years imprisonment and Rs 10 lakh fine while Sushil Kumar Sinha was given three-and-a half years in jail and a fine of Rs 5 lakh.More news: Europe's Ryder hopefuls face Asia in EurAsia
The Times of India reported that both men surrendered before the CJM court in Ranchi on the same day. They were then sent to jail, said sources.
Reports had claimed that Jalaun district magistrate Mannan Akhtar and sub-divisional magistrate (SDM) Bhairpal Singh had phoned special CBI judge Shivpal Singh and sought leniency in a fodder scam case against Lalu.
In a huge setback to the RJD, its supremo Lalu Prasad was on January 6 sentenced to three-and-a-half-years jail in a fodder scam case.More news: Gene Therapy Cure For Blindness Gets $850K Price Tag
Bihar's ruling JD (U) jeered at the RJD chief over the release of his two aides from jail.
"This shows that Lalu's commitment to social justice is a sham and he cares only for himself and his family members", Kumar, a JD (U) MLC, said.
On Thursday, the RJD chief appeared before the special CBI courts in Ranchi through videoconferencing from jail in connection with two cases of the Rs 1,000-0crore fodder scam. The judge promised Lalu that he will get Chura Dahi as a snack on Makar Sankranti."I will get dahi chura arranged in jail", the judge told him. "They have been, after all, sent to jail after an inquiry by the police administration and it is for the administration to say something on the matter".More news: Senate holds hearing on Cuba 'sonic attacks'
RJD spokesman Shakti Singh Yadav rubbished the allegation that Lalu "managed" to have his two aides behind bars to serve him, saying their presence in jail was "coincidental", and that the two had criminal cases against them.
- Detergent pod challenge becoming unsafe teen trend
- Colorado Sheriff's Office Says 'Multiple Deputies Down' in Active Incident
- Kenya Airways announces its inaugural direct flight to US
- Iran holds out hope for survivors on burning oil tanker
- State Department Approves Possible $133.3 Million Missile Deal With Japan
- IKEA ad requires pregnant women to urinate for a discount
- Transform RSA warns ANC top brass against removing Zuma
- Nigerians React As Benue Govt Buries Attack Victims
- Tottenham make contact over move for Manchester United target Lucas Moura
- Mini Hardtops and Convertible Updated