Out West, Curry also became the new leader after surpassing Durant's tally by more than 40,000 votes.
"Curry told The Athletic, "(I'd) be the first to usher in the new system.
Cleveland LeBron James leads all players in the voting, bringing in 1.6 million. "I'd rather somebody else do it". I just want to go play in the game. (The new format)'s cool, a different way, a creative way that's good for the fans.More news: Fox Bumps Up Deadpool Sequel, Moves Back New Mutants to 2019
Fan votes make up for 50 percent, while votes from current players and a media panel each make up 25 percent to determine the starters (top two guards and three frontcourt players from each conference). Voting from the media makes up 25 percent, and voting from the players makes up the other 25 percent.
Players will be sorted by conference and position (guards and frontcourt players), and the two top guards and three top frontcourt players will be named starters.
James has more than 1.6-million votes in the latest tabulations to lead the East. Bucks forward Giannis Antetokounmpo is second overall with more than 1.48-million votes. Coaches choose the reserves. The two captains will then draft a team based on the pool of players.More news: Celine Dion to perform in Singapore for the first time
James and Antetokounmpo are followed in the East frontcourt by the Philadelphia 76ers' Joel Embiid (784,287) and the New York Knicks' Kristaps Porzingis (640,928). At third is Sixers' Ben Simmons (397,942), with Indiana Pacers guard Victor Oladipo close behind (385,448).
Voting will conclude on Monday.
Curry (1,369,658) and Houston's James Harden (978,540) are the top two guards. The New Orleans Pelicans' Anthony Davis (664,687) remains in second place, while Golden State's Draymond Green (616,730) has moved ahead of New Orleans' DeMarcus Cousins (587,835) for third place. Oklahoma City's Russell Westbrook (791,332) is third. Since the All-Star Game will be held on February 18, there will be plenty of time to analyze the entire process in anticipation of watching the sport's top stars go head-to-head.More news: Sweet Home Alabama: Toyota And Mazda Building New $1.6 Billion Plant
The All-Star starters and the two captains will be announced on January 18, with the National Basketball Association coaches choosing the reserves by January 23.
- China 2017 Exports to North Korea Up 8.3% -- Customs
- Theresa May Apologises For 'Frustrating' Delays To NHS Operations
- Merkel entering final stage of make-or-break talks
- Fiat Chrysler to give United States workers US$2000 bonuses amid tax cuts
- Infosys posts better-than-expected Q3 profit on tax deal
- Ellen DeGeneres' Father Passes Away; Host Pays Tribute To Dad
- Future Samsung phones will have a feature, which iPhone users can not access!
- Seal slams Oprah Winfrey for this reason
- GM's latest self-driving vehicle has no steering wheel or pedals
- Dark Souls Remastered: No HDR on PS4 Pro