The Foreign Ministry on Friday issued a travel warning for Turkish citizens planning to travel to the USA, citing an increase in violence and terror attacks.
Earlier, the US State Department recommended Americans to avoid traveling to Turkey due to the threat of terrorist attacks and groundless detentions, referring it to a group of countries with "increased danger" along with Pakistan, Guatemala and Sudan.
"The U.S. has seen an apparent increase in terror attacks and violent incidents recently", the warning published on the ministry's website said.More news: Everton in negotiations to sign Theo Walcott
Breaking overnight, Turkey has advised it's citizens not to travel to the United States.
The U.S. has recently experienced attacks in Ohio University, Forth Lauderdale-Hollywood Airport, Minnesota's Dar Al-Farooq Mosque and a Texas church, as well as cars ploughing into people in Charlottesville and NY. Turkey was placed on Level 3 - or the "reconsider travel" - category.
Relations between the two North Atlantic Treaty Organisation allies have been strained recently over a number of issues.More news: Seal slams Oprah Winfrey for this reason
In October, the two North Atlantic Treaty Organisation allies were involved in a visa dispute, motivated both by Washington's concern over Ankara's Syria policy, and by the arrest of a United States embassy employee who allegedly had information on American involvement in the 2016 failed coup attempt.
The warning from Turkish officials comes shortly after USA officials issued a similar statement regarding travel to Turkey.
Turkey also strongly opposes USA military support for the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF), which is dominated by the terrorist PKK-affiliated Democratic Union Party (PYD) and its armed-wing the People's Protection Units (YPG).More news: Netflix releases trailer for 'Altered Carbon'
- Obama Foundation files plans for presidential library in Chicago
- Baltimore Hospital 'Takes Responsibility' For Woman Left Outside In Cold
- Dark Souls Remastered: No HDR on PS4 Pro
- Watch the Nintendo Direct Mini here; All of announcements listed
- All jewels stolen in brazen Paris Ritz robbery recovered
- Bell says he'd consider retirement if tagged again
- Make Or Break Search For MH370
- Merkel entering final stage of make-or-break talks
- NFL Playoffs: Vikings vs Saints Analyst Pick
- Westbrook Still Trailing In All-Star Vote After Second Returns