We agree with Simon who said the "commission was a distraction, and it collapsed under the weight of the president's false and irresponsible claim that millions of ineligible votes were cast in the last election".More news: MI analyst Scott Turner leaving for NFL's Carolina Panthers
And the Association of Secretaries of State - which includes both Democratic and Republican members - said in a statement in January 2017 after Trump's claims of voter fraud that they were "not aware of any evidence that supports the voter fraud claims made by President Trump".
"If (DHS) were to start investigating these non-existent voter fraud claims, that would be very problematic", said Edgardo Cortes, Virginia's chief election official, who rejected the commission's request past year for data about voters registered in Virginia. They fought hard that the Commission not see their records or methods because they know that many people are voting illegally.
"The commission's entire objective was to legitimize voter suppression", said Vanita Gupta, the former head of the Justice Department's Civil Rights Division.More news: AAP Rajya Sabha nominations: Disgruntled Kumar Vishwas 'accepts martyrdom'
Moving the work of the voter fraud commission to Homeland Security should be a wake-up call to the American people.
A Democrat, Galvin said the 2016 presidential election was not, as President Trump wrote on his Twitter account, "rigged", nor was there any proof to support allegations that MA voters went to the polls in New Hampshire. "He made wild allegations about MA voters going to New Hampshire to vote, which were not true. System is rigged, must go to Voter I.D".
The Associated Press reported in July that no state election official planned to give the commission all of the requested information, including Kansas where the panel's Vice Chairman Kris Kobach serves as secretary of state. "The first question among many is what the commission intends to do with the data that it has already collected from the states". The office did not provide any confidential information, such as full dates of births, Social Security numbers or signatures. "These prosecutions will help deter voter fraud in the future".More news: 74 percent of Pornhub's Canadian traffic came from mobile devices in 2017
In a second tweet Thursday, Trump pushed for voter ID requirements. Dunlap, who was critical of the panel's work, said he is concerned about Homeland Security's involvement, telling The New York Times, "Homeland security operates very much in the dark".
- Turkey warns its citizens against travelling in US
- CES 2018: vivo Showcases First Phone with In-screen Fingerprint Sensor
- Baltimore Hospital 'Takes Responsibility' For Woman Left Outside In Cold
- Metro searching for man suspected of Las Vegas store robbery
- NHS: Patients 'dying prematurely' in corridors, A&E bosses warn May
- Storm anticipated to deliver heavy rain and snow to Northern California
- 'It was so ferocious': Passengers recall terrifying cruise through 'bomb cyclone'
- Assassin's Creed Rogue Gets 4K Remaster For PS4 and Xbox One
- December Retail Inflation At 17-Month High Of 5.21%
- Obama Foundation files plans for presidential library in Chicago