Soon the voice assistant Amazon Alexa will appear on thousands of computers under control of operating system Windows 10.
Also new this year: some serious competition. Although the concept sounds like the future of driving technology, cars will not be able to use voice assistants for an entirely autonomous driving experience. It is unclear which models specifically will get it, but Entune 3.0 first came to the fold past year via the 2018 Toyota Camry.
Ives expects "a big push" from the California search giant at the trade show, he said in a research note. It looks more like a smart speaker. Analysts say some consumers find it more natural to manipulate smart devices like door locks, lightbulbs and televisions with their voice instead of smartphone apps or dedicated remotes.More news: US Ambassador to Netherlands Clashes with Dutch Reporters Over Remarks About Muslims
This move certainly hasn't escaped Google's attention and considering its efforts to spread the Google Assistant everywhere, it's certainly going to bring a response.
Some of those companies have strengths Amazon can't match. The company has launched the Alexa Mobile Accessory Kit to make its new development possible and ultimately broaden the reach of Alexa - taking on Google Assistant, Apple Siri, and Microsoft Cortana.
After and some, is now set to bring its Alexa voice assistant to various portable, on-the-go devices.More news: Here's your first official look at Tom Hardy in Venom
Alexa is Amazon's cloud-based voice service and we are excited to announce the Vuzix Blade will be Alexa-enabled so you can talk to Amazon Alexa on your Smart Sunglasses. Analysts with RBC Capital Markets estimated that Amazon sold 33 million Echo devices in 2017, up from 4 million the prior year. Considering that Alexa for Windows will give the AI a front end that's far more powerful than a smart speaker or smart home controller. Current users won't be missing out on Alexa, as they have promised that Alexa will be made available on select devices through updates.
The 24-inch model starts at $1,332. The project involves Amazon and well-known manufacturers of personal computers, in particular, HP, Lenovo, ASUS and Acer.More news: Tax law implementation to cost IRS almost $500 million
- Circuit City announces reboot almost 9 years after closing
- Charged With Journalism: Reuters Reporters Face 14 Years' Prison in Myanmar
- Georgia in US Senate Democrats Report
- US Senate committee probes Apple over slowing iPhones
- Trump 'Discovered' A Physical Wall Isn't Possible Across Entire Border
- YouTube finally hands down punishment to creator for posting dead body video
- Kia teases 2019 Forte sedan with renderings ahead of Detroit debut
- Dropbox IPO Filing Reportedly Made Confidentially
- James Franco Accused Of 'Sexually Inappropriate And Exploitative Behavior' By Five Women
- Camila Cabello Admits She Was 'Hurt' by Fifth Harmony's Diss at VMAs