The actress then joked that while she's thankful for the HFPA, she is unsure on who they truly are.
The Netflix series "Stranger Things 2", written, created and directed by The Duffer Brothers (Matt and Ross) of Durham, is nominated for two - Best TV Drama Series and David Harbour for Best Supporting Actor.More news: IndusInd Bank Q3 net profit rises 25% to Rs936.25 crore
"Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri" confronts the always formidable actor Frances McDormand with this scenario, and as Nat Nichols of The Rose Theatre has pointed out to audiences, it does something unique for films by allowing a woman to give full vent to her cold rage, which McDormand's character carries out every bit as relentlessly as the Furies of Greek mythology. "We expect "Three Billboards" to join "The Hunger Games, ' 'Dirty Dancing" and other films that have drawn fans to the locations and the experiences the area offers".
Powerful speeches about Hollywood's sexual abuse scandal have dominated the 75th Golden Globe Awards. Alexander Skarsgard and Laura Dern both took home the awards for Best Supporting Actor and Actress in a TV Series, Miniseries, or TV Movie, respectively. Comedian and actor Aziz Ansari won the Golden Globe for "Best Actor in a Musical or Comedy Television Series" for his work in the Netflix series Master of None, while the award for "Best Television Series - Drama" went to Hulu's critically acclaimed series The Handmaid's Tale.
Women kept up the theme inside the Beverly Hilton ballroom. McDormand has been nominated six times for a Globe, including for her Oscar-winning role in "Fargo", but had never won an individual award.More news: HTC U11 EYEs Coming on January 15: Specs and Features
Del Toro said he has made a career of crafting monster-oriented fables, at least three of which he said have "saved my life". "All you ladies in this category, bar, tequila's on me".
"For too long women have not been heard or believed if they dared to speak their truth to the power of those men", said Winfrey, accepting the Cecil B. DeMille Award for lifetime achievement.
Based on the novel by André Aciman, Call Me By Your Name tells the story of Elio (Timothée Chalamet) who falls in love with Oliver, (Armie Hammer), an American academic who comes to stay at his family's home in Italy during the summer of 1983.More news: MEA confirms Doval-Janjua secret talks post Jadhav-family meet
- Paul Manafort Is Suing The Department Of Justice And Robert Mueller
- Bottlerock Festival Announces 2018 Lineup Featuring The Killers, Muse and Halsey
- Intel subsidiary to supply autonomous driving technology to 2mn vehicles
- Ethiopia bans foreigners from adopting amid concerns of child abuse and neglect
- Costa on the bench for Atletico´s Lleida trip
- Gene Therapy Cure For Blindness Gets $850K Price Tag
- Turkey summons United States diplomat for supporting Syrian Kurd group
- Nigerians React As Benue Govt Buries Attack Victims
- Ford December US Sales Up 0.9%
- Texas A&M Women's Basketball: Carter Named To Wooden Award Midseason Top 25