However, the First Daughter's endorsement hasn't gone down too well, to put it mildly.
But she may have just taken her popularity to a whole new level by delivering an amazingly powerful key-note speech at the 75 Golden Globe awards.
In receiving a lifetime achievement award from the Hollywood Foreign Press Association, Winfrey spoke of her humble upbringing and her childhood respect for civil rights heroes.
"To tyrants and victims, and secrets and lies: I want to say that I value the press more than ever before as we try to navigate these complicated times, which brings me to this: what I know for sure is that speaking your truth is the most powerful tool we all have".
"I want all the girls watching here, now, to know that a new day is on the horizon ..."More news: Hundreds struck down in flu epidemic as pressure increases on region's hospitals
The response to Trump's tweet was immediate and ranged from mockery to disgust.
The talk show host recalled the case of Recy Taylor, who as a young woman in 1944 was abducted and raped by six white men and whose case was taken up by Rosa Parks, the American civil rights campaigner who became a standard bearer for the fight against the country's racist laws by refusing to give up her seat on a bus.
Many seized the opportunity to highlight Ivanka's father has himself been the subject of multiple sexual misconduct allegations. Only time will tell whether an Oprah for President campaign will materialize.
"Honey are you serious? Your predatory father?" in an additional tweet wondered.More news: Streetwise Analysis on Shares of Domino's Pizza, Inc. (NYSE:DPZ)
The Time's Up movement was created to stamp out sexism and sexual harassment in the workplace, not just in the entertainment industry but across the board.
A video of a past interview with Trump praising Winfrey has begun recirculating, showing the now-president revealing she'd be his top pick to be vice president.More news: Ockhi fund spent for Kerala CM's travel for party meetings
- ISRO set to launch its 100th satellite today, along with 30 others
- Sam's Club stores abruptly close
- Actresses, Shows About Women Win Big at Critics' Choice Awards
- Winter Olympics 2018: Hockey Canada unveils team it will send to Pyeongchang
- Honda Insight hybrid ousts Civic Hybrid for upscale EV
- GOP lawmaker proposes bill to grant residency for Salvadoran immigrants
- Hard Brexit risks 92000 United Kingdom science and technology jobs
- Trump says he canceled trip to London
- Young Sutherland Springs shooting survivor going home
- Tonya Harding: After infamous Kerrigan attack, where is she now