PUBG Corp. has announced that over three million players have taken part in the online survival shooter since it launched on XBox Game Preview in December. Xbox revealed today that PUBG ended the year with 3 million Xbox One players (not all necessarily purchased copies, but the vast majority surely are). Console players on the Xbox One were able to get a taste of the action with an early access version of the game that first went on sale at the end of December.
It looks like PUBG is already a huge success on console.
Several new tweaks and adjustments were implemented with the new Xbox One update. These noticeable gains have given some fans confidence that the developer will get close to a steady 30 frames per second across all Xbox One platforms.More news: Ockhi fund spent for Kerala CM's travel for party meetings
The plan is to have PUBG on PS4 eventually, though.
This is by far the most controversial addition, only because of the ridiculous drop rates for items in the new crates.
"As it's going to be an exclusive title on Xbox One for some time, we'd like to focus on completing the Xbox One PUBG for now", says Chang Han Kim, the CEO of PUBG Corporation to InvenGlobal.More news: Julian Assange Appears in Ecuador Database, Spurring Citizenship Speculation
A PS4 version is inevitable, pending the terms of Microsoft's exclusivity deal. They will also make changes to make it more balanced in the future.
PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds is available now for Xbox One priced $29.99/£24.99.
"Early Access on Steam and Game Preview on Xbox One are like pre-release, so they don't have a restriction on quality", explains Kim to InvenGlobal.More news: Actresses, Shows About Women Win Big at Critics' Choice Awards
According to Greenberg, PUBG developer Bluehole continues to work on new updates for Xbox One. Some players are having trouble finding Squad games with people that speak their language and are being paired with Chinese players, which doesn't sound like a very enjoyable experience at all.
- Suspected murderer shot, killed at CMPD Headquarters after ambushing officers
- Ford Urges Some Ranger Owners Not To Drive After Takata Deaths
- Premium Apple Reseller announces battery replacement process
- England call up Liam Livingstone for two-Test tour to New Zealand
- Uber used tech tool to shield data from police outside US
- Nintendo announces Mario Tennis Aces for Nintendo Switch
- LeBron James, Cavs routed again, Raptors romp 133-99
- GOP lawmaker proposes bill to grant residency for Salvadoran immigrants
- Hundreds arrested as Tunisia sends troops to quell protests
- Social media reaction to the Sixers-Celtics game in London