PUBG Corp. has announced that over three million players have taken part in the online survival shooter since it launched on XBox Game Preview in December. Xbox revealed today that PUBG ended the year with 3 million Xbox One players (not all necessarily purchased copies, but the vast majority surely are). Console players on the Xbox One were able to get a taste of the action with an early access version of the game that first went on sale at the end of December.
It looks like PUBG is already a huge success on console.
Several new tweaks and adjustments were implemented with the new Xbox One update. These noticeable gains have given some fans confidence that the developer will get close to a steady 30 frames per second across all Xbox One platforms.More news: Young Sutherland Springs shooting survivor going home
The plan is to have PUBG on PS4 eventually, though.
This is by far the most controversial addition, only because of the ridiculous drop rates for items in the new crates.
"As it's going to be an exclusive title on Xbox One for some time, we'd like to focus on completing the Xbox One PUBG for now", says Chang Han Kim, the CEO of PUBG Corporation to InvenGlobal.More news: ISRO set to launch its 100th satellite today, along with 30 others
A PS4 version is inevitable, pending the terms of Microsoft's exclusivity deal. They will also make changes to make it more balanced in the future.
PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds is available now for Xbox One priced $29.99/£24.99.
"Early Access on Steam and Game Preview on Xbox One are like pre-release, so they don't have a restriction on quality", explains Kim to InvenGlobal.More news: Actresses, Shows About Women Win Big at Critics' Choice Awards
According to Greenberg, PUBG developer Bluehole continues to work on new updates for Xbox One. Some players are having trouble finding Squad games with people that speak their language and are being paired with Chinese players, which doesn't sound like a very enjoyable experience at all.
- Nintendo announces Mario Tennis Aces for Nintendo Switch
- Seth Meyers Makes the Golden Globes Political in Record Time
- Hundreds struck down in flu epidemic as pressure increases on region's hospitals
- At least 8 people dead after California mudslides
- Taylor Swift Releases New Music Video With Co-Star Ed Sheeran
- Premium Apple Reseller announces battery replacement process
- Messi stars with brace as Barca cruise
- Uber used tech tool to shield data from police outside US
- Social media reaction to the Sixers-Celtics game in London
- Hundreds arrested as Tunisia sends troops to quell protests