OnePlus set sales records late previous year with the launch of the OnePlus 5T, which is now the company's fastest and best-selling phone. At the same time, they are also in talks with U.S. telcos to launch their phones under these telcos in hopes that it will bring more awareness to United States customers.
OnePlus 6 is also rumoured to feature a more secure version of their "Face Unlock" technology which had debuted with the OnePlus 5T.More news: ISRO set to launch its 100th satellite today, along with 30 others
In addition, Lau said the handset would be based on Qualcomm's Snapdragon 845 chipset saying "there's no other choice" than Qualcomm hardware. However, if OnePlus plans to let go of the mid-year update cycle, the company will have to build OnePlus 6 in a way that it stays relevant throughout the year. Lau stated that he "wasn't 100 percent sure if OnePlus would sell a second phone in 2018". The CEO also pointed out that the OnePlus 5T is now the company's fastest and best-selling product.
Analysts estimate that 85% to 90% of USA consumers purchase their phones through their carrier, which means that OnePlus is now missing out on this huge segment of the market. The smartphone will be powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 SoC. Lau also said that OnePlus will initiate collaboration with U.S. telecom carriers in the coming months.More news: So Queen Elizabeth has sacked her lingerie stylist and here's why
While talking about making its phones available through the USA carriers Lau said that only when the right opportunity and time arrives, OnePlus will consider experimenting with it. Market analysts have estimated that around 85 percent to 90 percent consumers in the US purchase smartphones through their carrier.
We've known for quite some time that a new OnePlus phone was in the works to follow up the OnePlus 5 and 5T, but we didn't know when we should expect to see it.More news: Nintendo announces Mario Tennis Aces for Nintendo Switch
- Trump refers to Latin American, African countries as 'sh*thole' states
- At least 8 people dead after California mudslides
- Honda Insight hybrid ousts Civic Hybrid for upscale EV
- Tonya Harding: After infamous Kerrigan attack, where is she now
- Seth Meyers Makes the Golden Globes Political in Record Time
- England call up Liam Livingstone for two-Test tour to New Zealand
- Mom of H&M Model Wearing 'Racist' Monkey Hoodie Says 'Get Over It'
- Trump says he will soon take a decision on Iran sanctions
- Social media reaction to the Sixers-Celtics game in London
- Ockhi fund spent for Kerala CM's travel for party meetings