It would appear, however, that Lemar is highly unlikely to make the move to Merseyside this month, according to French journalist Julien Laurens in a report in the Daily Express.More news: European Union needs united approach on foreign investment to gain China's respect - Macron
The Frenchman almost joined the Gunners in the summer transfer window but a late move on deadline day fell through.
The Reds have even explored the possibility of trying to sign Naby Keita six months earlier than expected - something that his club RB Leipzig are determined not to let happen.
Of course, we're all well aware that Jurgen Klopp could hold off from signing a Lemar or a Riyad Mahrez this month and wait to get his man in the summer in what he would view as the ideal circumstances. "Players like Keita (Balde), Jovetic, Tielemans are all players signed in the knowledge that Lemar will go at some point", Brassell told the Liverpool Echo. "This is life. For sure he was our target but as you know this is football".More news: Messi, Suarez score as Barcelona thrash Levante
The mega deal that saw Barcelona sign Coutinho means that Liverpool have funds available to them.
With a little less than three weeks left in the transfer window, Jardim is expected to have more uncertain days over Lemar's future at the Stade Louis II.
"I want to keep Lemar". However, the move failed to materialize and Lemar ended up staying put at the principality-based outfit.More news: AFC Wildcard Sunday - Buffalo Bills at Jacksonville Jaguars
Arsenal had an offer worth around £90m to sign him accepted by Monaco after Arsene Wenger indentified him as the ideal fit to replace Manchester City target Alexis Sanchez. "He's got a lot of qualities and I like him a lot".
- Wind and winter weather in store for Thursday
- Alex Jones Launches Preemptive Strike Against Oprah 2020
- LSU RB Derrius Guice announces he's leaving early, declares for NFL Draft
- Number of people attending stop smoking program rises amid high cigarette prices
- Jon Gruden believes 'there's a good chance' he'll be next Raiders coach
- Barcelona sign Colombia defender Yerry Mina from Palmeiras
- Enzo Amore Comments On Ronda Rousey To WWE Rumors
- Chris Hemsworth 'throwing ideas around' for Thor 4
- Abe leaves for Baltic and E.European tour
- Packers reportedly to consider former Bills GM Doug Whaley for same role