One of the key technological updates include new LED headlights that offer a brighter light in both low and high beam, and are available as an optional extra over the standard-fit halogen units.
All engines, from the 1.5- to the 2.0-liter, boast further developments in efficiency and refinement.
Updated 2018 Mini Cooper Revealed Overseas
On that note, the facelifted Mini three-door, five-door and convertible models are expected to arrive on local shores during the second quarter of this year, around which time prices and local specifications will be divulged. There are also new exterior colors, like Emerald Grey metallic, Starlight Blue metallic, and Solaris Orange metallic.
The most noticeable change takes place at the rear, where the new Mini will sport a set of Union Jack motif LED tail lights as seen on the British brand's recent concept cars.More news: Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 Is Doing Really Well On The Switch
Under the skin, little has changed, but the entry level One model has ditched its 1.2-litre petrol in favour of a detuned version of the 1.5 from the Cooper. In terms of rolling stock, the optional range of wheels grows to include two-tone roulette spoke and two-tone propeller spoke items which are now available across all MINI bodystyles.
MINI is giving its range - hatchback, five-door and convertible - a bit of a makeover for 2018 including, for the first time, the arrival of a dual-clutch automatic gearbox.More news: 13000 trapped at Swiss ski station
The the new year, Mini gave its original two-door and four-door model as well as the convertible a freshening. The cars all get new light alloy wheels and an expanded range of leather trim, interior surfaces, and color lines. As standard, a 6.5-inch touchscreen includes Bluetooth phone integration while Radio MINI Visual Boost and a navigation system are optionally available.
But one of the biggest upgrades to the Mini for 2018 is the introduction of a new seven-speed Steptronic transmission with double clutch and electronic shift selector. Wireless charging is making its way into many new cars nowadays, and the Mini adds it as an option for 2019 as well. Support for Apple CarPlay is there, but not Android Auto.More news: Monaco must 'prepare' for Thomas Lemar interest - Leonardo Jardim
The interior got a new steering wheel along with new materials and optional features.
- Oprah for president? Winfrey fans urge White House run after #MeToo speech
- Messi, Suarez score as Barcelona thrash Levante
- Rep. Darrell Issa surprises with plans to not seek re-election
- Number of people attending stop smoking program rises amid high cigarette prices
- Run ends early again for Chiefs, Kareem Hunt
- Jaguars' Two-Minute Drill from win over Buffalo
- Portland General Electric (POR) Receiving Somewhat Positive Press Coverage, Analysis Shows
- Colorado Sheriff's Office Says 'Multiple Deputies Down' in Active Incident
- Chris Hemsworth 'throwing ideas around' for Thor 4
- Highest trolley count at Limerick hospital on week of new overcrowding record