Asked whether Doval raised the issue of Jadhav's meeting with his family, the MEA spokesperson said the focus was on containing cross-border terrorism.
A day after the mother and wife of Kulbhushan Jadhav met him in Islamabad, Indian National Security Advisors Ajit Doval and is Pakistani counterpart Lt General Nasir Khan Janjua (retired) reportedly met for secret talks in Thailand capital Bangkok on December 26, 2017.
Asserting that talks on terror with Pakistan can definitely go ahead, provided it denounces terror, the Ministry of External Affairs today confirmed that an NSA level talks between the two nations took place last month.More news: OR at No. 17 Arizona tops the Pac-12 this week
In December 2015 also, the two NSAs, along with the two foreign secretaries, had met in Bangkok, which was not revealed by both the countries till after the meeting. There are other dialogue mechanisms like at the DGMO level or between the BSF and Pakistan Rangers", Kumar added, "Similarly, the NSA-level engagement is part of operational-level talks. Despite its position that there can not be any substantive dialogue with Pakistan until Islamabad acts against India-specific terror groups, the government has continued to maintain contact through its mission in Islamabad and also the Pakistan mission here. Raveesh made it clear that the meeting date of the NSAs was pre-decided. "Talks and terror cannot go together but talks on terror can go ahead", externalaffairs ministry spokesperson Raveesh Kumar said. Following this, the FATF will discuss Islamabad's attempts to counter terrorist financing, said the ET report.
On whether the NSAs would meet again, Kumar said the information would be shared as and when such operational meetings take place.
During the meeting, Janjua reported raised the issue of targeting of civilians along the Line of Control while Doval spoke of infiltration.More news: Rep. Darrell Issa surprises with plans to not seek re-election
India has introduced some nuance rephrasing in its lexicon on engaging Pakistan on terror issues.
The two women had on December 25 met the former Indian naval officer who Pakistan says is a spy - an allegation India denies - from across a glass screen.More news: Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 Is Doing Really Well On The Switch
- HTC U11 EYEs Coming on January 15: Specs and Features
- Ford December US Sales Up 0.9%
- Highest trolley count at Limerick hospital on week of new overcrowding record
- Kenya Airways announces its inaugural direct flight to US
- Texas rallies around guard Andrew Jones after leukemia diagnosis
- Colorado Sheriff's Office Says 'Multiple Deputies Down' in Active Incident
- Jaguars' Two-Minute Drill from win over Buffalo
- Europe's Ryder hopefuls face Asia in EurAsia
- Tottenham make contact over move for Manchester United target Lucas Moura
- State Department Approves Possible $133.3 Million Missile Deal With Japan