"With Google Pay, it'll be easier for you to use the payment information saved to your Google Account, so you can speed through checkout with peace of mind", said Pali Bhat, VP of Product Management, Payments at Google.
Those on the latest beta version of the Play services (11.9.73) will note that this section has been updated with the "Google Pay" branding. Samsung is LG's biggest competition in South Korea, even more so than Apple or Google. Android Pay was supposed to launch here at some point of time but then Google chose to launch a market-specific app called Tez here instead. This new service is expected to be available online, in store (NFC payments), and across several Google Products including Tez. All of this information will be consolidated and moved into GPay for you. The reason why Android Pay has failed to make the cut till now, is because Google apparently believes that the service would make little sense here. Going forward, you will be able to make in-store payments, money transfers, and online transactions all from a single app [Google Pay]. The NFC component is used for more modern payment terminals, while the magnetic part is used for older cash registers, according to Phone Arena. Google is also running limited period offers with B&H, Fandango, and Instacart.More news: James Franco Accused Of 'Sexually Inappropriate And Exploitative Behavior' By Five Women
As such, it will be an uphill battle for LG to convince people to use its mobile payment platform.More news: Putin Says Kim Jong-Un 'Won This Round' Against Donald Trump
Last September Google launched a new payment app called Tez designed for the Indian market. You will be able to enjoy a simplified checkout system while using Tez. Do you think Google Pay will end up as useful as Apple Pay or do you think the Google option will surpass Apple Pay? While LG may be bringing its mobile payment system to the United States, the company is still behind other competitors like Samsung and Apple.More news: Lieberman to approve over 1000 new homes in West Bank settlements
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze Will Release on Switch in May
- Wendy Williams Aims At Kylie Jenner With Loaded Insults Surrounding Pregnancy Rumours
- Toyota is the latest auto maker to add Alexa to its cars
- Kia teases 2019 Forte sedan with renderings ahead of Detroit debut
- Dropbox IPO Filing Reportedly Made Confidentially
- US Senate committee probes Apple over slowing iPhones
- Georgia in US Senate Democrats Report
- UCF sign challenges Alabama to home-and-home series
- Circuit City announces reboot almost 9 years after closing
- Wahlberg's pay 1500 times more than Williams'