As the hearing for the sentencing of Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief Lalu Prasad and 14 others began on Wednesday, the special CBI court issued a contempt of court notice to some senior RJD leaders, including Tejashwi Yadav.
However, Lalu's son and his designated "heir apparent", Tejashwi Yadav, and three others had contempt notices issued against them by the CBI court on Wednesday. However, the court chose to defer the pronouncement of verdict, citing the death of advocate Vindeshwari Prasad, one of the many counsels who are appearing in the Fodder scam trial. Second, Lalu Prasad is now 70 years old.More news: Trump dissolving his commission on election integrity
Lalu was earlier convicted and jailed in another fodder scam case RC 20A/96 on September 13, 2013, after the judge found him guilty. "Lalu's heir apparent Tejaswi Yadav and his elder brother Tej Pratap Yadav both have to work hard to steer the party ahead and face the challenges posed by ruling alliance of JD (U) and BJP", said political analyst Ajay Kumar.
As per the reports, the CBI court convicted Lalu Prasad Yadav along with former Chief Minister Jagannath Mishra and five others relating to fraudulent withdrawal of Rs 9.4 billion of the Deoghar district between 1990 and 1994.More news: Cryptocurrencies To Watch In 2018 (Besides Bitcoin)
Meanwhile, despite the fact that nobody will be allowed to meet Prasad in jail on Tuesday, large number of RJD leaders along with hundreds of workers camped outside Birsa Munda Central Jail on Tuesday finding ways to meet him, but no one was allowed to meet Prasad.
His wife and former Chief Minister of Bihar Rabri Devi has chosen to stay back in Patna when the punishment is announced.More news: Assassin's Creed Rogue Gets 4K Remaster For PS4 and Xbox One
The RJD has convened a meeting of its senior party leaders on January 6.
- Traffic moving after hours-long interstate shutdown
- Smith Sworn In as Minnesota's Newest US Senator
- Inking of Israeli anti-tank missiles deal likely during Netanyahu's India visit
- Terror attacks in Pakistan keeps declining due to nationwide efforts
- Bear attacks man in Naples near high school
- OnePlus 5T 'Lava Red' edition launched in India
- Eric Hosmer has a $147 million offer from the Royals
- Visit the Game of Thrones Ice Hotel Before it Melts Away
- Indian origin man in United States faces deportation for reportedly cheating authorities
- Arsenal willing to meet Pavon release clause