While the American Academy of Pediatrics discourages spanking or "other physical punishments" as disciplinary methods, Clarkson found otherwise in her own experience growing up.
In a new interview, the singer-songwriter revealed the one reason why she chose to join The Voice: she is a fan of the show's format. "It's a rare opportunity that this show represents that people might not get through on other shows", Clarkson said. "I don't fit the pop star image", she told Us Weekly. "That's why this show really does complement my desires for this industry". Clarkson also interacted with American Idol alum turned Voice coach, Oscar-winning actress Jennifer Hudson.
The "My Life Would Suck Without You" hitmaker was so thrilled when she bumped into the legendary actress on the red carpet at the Golden Globes earlier this week that she now realises she forgot to say who she was and thinks Meryl "didn't even know" who she was.More news: 'It was so ferocious': Passengers recall terrifying cruise through 'bomb cyclone'
That said, she does wish the new judging panel of Katy Perry, Lionel Richie and Luke Bryan luck. "I hope with our two boys and our two girls that they see their parents as successful, loving and respectful people 'cause that's what we want for them".
She went on to explain on the Rochester, New York-based radio station last week: 'I don't mean like hitting her hard, I just mean a spanking'. "The ones that aren't insecure or threatened".
"If parents spanked their kids more they wouldn't grow up acting like monsters", wrote one Facebook commenter.More news: Visit the Game of Thrones Ice Hotel Before it Melts Away
Clarkson has two children: daughter River Rose, 3, and son Remington Alexander, 1, with husband Brandon Blackstock.
Several members of the Television Critics' Association asked Clarkson about the return of the singing competition that started her career.
"The Voice" season 14 will premiere on Monday, Feb. 26, at 8:00 p.m. EST on NBC.More news: Smith Sworn In as Minnesota's Newest US Senator
- Syrian militants in counteroffensive in Idlib
- Traffic moving after hours-long interstate shutdown
- Bon Jovi Announce Spring Tour Dates
- NM state lawmaker seeks to block border wall
- Opioid Crisis Worse for Farm Families
- AAP Rajya Sabha nominations: Disgruntled Kumar Vishwas 'accepts martyrdom'
- Arsenal willing to meet Pavon release clause
- Princess Charlotte is a 'very sweet and confident' child with 'beautiful manners'
- A 146-inch television will soon be available for purchase
- Trump dissolving his commission on election integrity