Videos taken by passengers and shared on social media show the ship listing as waves churned outside, heavy rain and wind whipped at the windows, and water flooded into carpeted hallways and staircases.
Passengers have since told of how they held on for life and feared their safety as the boat was rocking "like crazy". "'It was so tilted I was shaking".
"The waves were over 40 feet and it was continuous - children crying, people seasick, vomiting all over the boat".More news: Bell says he'd consider retirement if tagged again
While most did their best to shelter themselves from last week's winter storm, a cruise ship sailed right through it, traumatizing passengers who called the trip a "nightmare".
On their way back to NY at the end of last week, they sailed through the massive storm.
"As a result, Norwegian Breakaway's 14-day cruise that was originally scheduled to depart on January 5 will now depart on Saturday, January 6 at 3pm". Conor Vogt said he was "holding on for dear life", adding, "I honestly wasn't sure we were going to make it through the night".More news: Liverpool's Salah back in training ahead of Manchester City clash
Although the large ship, which holds 4000 holidaymakers, docked safely in NY on Saturday, terrified passengers endured two frightening days of massive seas which had some fearing they were about to die. The ship will now sail a slightly adjusted itinerary, which will be communicated to guests onboard.
They later sent CBS2 a second statement.More news: Father invites 14-year-old daughter's bullies to her funeral
Passengers claim it all comes down to the company's bottom line. "All guests and crew are safe", a spokesman said. "We sincerely apologize to our guests for any disruption to their schedule", a statement said. Royal Caribbean said its ships were safely south of the storm when it hit.
- NHS: Patients 'dying prematurely' in corridors, A&E bosses warn May
- December Retail Inflation At 17-Month High Of 5.21%
- Obama Foundation files plans for presidential library in Chicago
- Everton in negotiations to sign Theo Walcott
- Storm anticipated to deliver heavy rain and snow to Northern California
- Metro searching for man suspected of Las Vegas store robbery
- Amazon says more than 5 billion items shipped in 2017 via Prime
- Netflix releases trailer for 'Altered Carbon'
- Tim McGraw and Faith Hill song hit with copyright lawsuit
- Turkey Says Russia, Iran Should Stop Syrian Attacks In Idlib