So far, no survivors from the tanker have been found and only one body has been recovered.
Rabiei as the head of the committee to follow-up the case of the tanker accident off Chinese coast.
Rescue boats resumed their search in the choppy waters of the East China Sea yesterday for survivors from the stricken Iranian oil tanker that collided with a freight ship and burst into flames at the weekend, the Chinese government said.
The tanker was carrying 136,000 tonnes of condensate, a highly flammable ultra-light crude, to South Korea, but it's unlikely the spill will reach the country's shores.More news: Here's How Hoda Kotb's 'Today' Show Salary Compares to Matt Lauer's
The tanker Sanchi was carrying nearly 1 million barrels of condensate, an ultra-light, highly flammable crude oil, to South Korea.
Part of an oil tanker that has been ablaze for days off the coast of Shanghai exploded Wednesday, forcing rescue boats searching for 31 missing sailors to retreat, Chinese authorities said.
"Since the vessel's engine room is not directly affected by the fire and is about [46 feet] underwater, there is still hope", spokesman Mohsen Bahrami told the Associated Press (AP).
An NITC spokesperson had previously suggested China might be more concerned with stopping a major oil leak in waters important to their fishing industry than rushing to save crew members.More news: Hearn: Pacquiao, Brook, Thurman & Spence All Big Fights for Khan
South Korean authorities have said that the flames could last for up to a month given the consequences of previous oil spills.
It's the second collision for a ship from the National Iranian Tanker Co.in less than a year and a half. "The fire extinguishing operation did not achieve the desired effect", it said.
Zhao Ruxiang, an expert with China's Yantai Oil Spill Response Technical Centre, was quoted by the ministry as saying that a simulation test showed condensate oil in the water can evaporate so quickly that it will leave little residue - less than 1 percent after five hours.More news: Wind and winter weather in store for Thursday
- Number of people attending stop smoking program rises amid high cigarette prices
- LSU RB Derrius Guice announces he's leaving early, declares for NFL Draft
- Property assessments show biggest gains in condo market
- Monaco must 'prepare' for Thomas Lemar interest - Leonardo Jardim
- UEFA Team of the Year revealed
- Actress Sorvino doesn't want Me Too movement to lose focus
- Oprah for president? Winfrey fans urge White House run after #MeToo speech
- Abe leaves for Baltic and E.European tour
- Jones Breaks Tradition, Chooses Biden As Escort For Swearing
- Portland General Electric (POR) Receiving Somewhat Positive Press Coverage, Analysis Shows