So far, no survivors from the tanker have been found and only one body has been recovered.
Rabiei as the head of the committee to follow-up the case of the tanker accident off Chinese coast.
Rescue boats resumed their search in the choppy waters of the East China Sea yesterday for survivors from the stricken Iranian oil tanker that collided with a freight ship and burst into flames at the weekend, the Chinese government said.
The tanker was carrying 136,000 tonnes of condensate, a highly flammable ultra-light crude, to South Korea, but it's unlikely the spill will reach the country's shores.More news: Messi, Suarez score as Barcelona thrash Levante
The tanker Sanchi was carrying nearly 1 million barrels of condensate, an ultra-light, highly flammable crude oil, to South Korea.
Part of an oil tanker that has been ablaze for days off the coast of Shanghai exploded Wednesday, forcing rescue boats searching for 31 missing sailors to retreat, Chinese authorities said.
"Since the vessel's engine room is not directly affected by the fire and is about [46 feet] underwater, there is still hope", spokesman Mohsen Bahrami told the Associated Press (AP).
An NITC spokesperson had previously suggested China might be more concerned with stopping a major oil leak in waters important to their fishing industry than rushing to save crew members.More news: Wind and winter weather in store for Thursday
South Korean authorities have said that the flames could last for up to a month given the consequences of previous oil spills.
It's the second collision for a ship from the National Iranian Tanker Co.in less than a year and a half. "The fire extinguishing operation did not achieve the desired effect", it said.
Zhao Ruxiang, an expert with China's Yantai Oil Spill Response Technical Centre, was quoted by the ministry as saying that a simulation test showed condensate oil in the water can evaporate so quickly that it will leave little residue - less than 1 percent after five hours.More news: Run ends early again for Chiefs, Kareem Hunt
- UIDAI introduces virtual ID, limited KYC for Aadhaar card holders
- Jones Breaks Tradition, Chooses Biden As Escort For Swearing
- Chris Hemsworth 'throwing ideas around' for Thor 4
- Enzo Amore Comments On Ronda Rousey To WWE Rumors
- Packers reportedly to consider former Bills GM Doug Whaley for same role
- Alex Jones Launches Preemptive Strike Against Oprah 2020
- LSU RB Derrius Guice announces he's leaving early, declares for NFL Draft
- Number of people attending stop smoking program rises amid high cigarette prices
- Oprah for president? Winfrey fans urge White House run after #MeToo speech
- Actress Sorvino doesn't want Me Too movement to lose focus