Further, the lender reported that its net interest margin was "stable at 3.99 per cent" for the third quarter as against 4 per cent in the corresponding quarter of the previous year.
The better earnings came on the back of a robust 20 per cent rise in net interest income (NII is interest earned minus interest expended) at Rs 1,894.81 crore against Rs 1578.42 crore in the year-ago period.More news: HTC U11 EYEs Coming on January 15: Specs and Features
In it's financial audit, IndusInd stated that they have transferred an amount of Rs 70 crore towards floating provisions for advances during the quarter ended June 30, 2017.
"In spite of the growth in balance sheet of 25%, we have seen increase in return on assets, which went up from 1.9% last quarter to 1.96% this quarter".More news: Sushma Swaraj, Shashi Tharoor trade barbs over Hindi
Sobti also pointed out that the vehicle finance segment is beginning to boom. We saw a 34% increase in our disbursements on overall vehicle finance.
Gross non-performing assets (NPAs) advanced 54.25% to Rs1,498.70 crore at the end of the December quarter from Rs971.62 crore in the same quarter past year. "If you look at only commercial vehicle, disbursements grew by 39%", Mr. Sobti said. "The growth is pretty secular - two-wheelers, three-wheelers and tractor segments are also witnessing growth", he said.
Provisions and contingencies rose 8.9% to Rs236.16 crore in the quarter from Rs216.85 crore a year ago.More news: Tottenham make contact over move for Manchester United target Lucas Moura
- Steve Kerr calls LaVar Ball 'the Kardashian of the NBA'
- Yet another D-Day for Lalu on Jan 24
- MEA confirms Doval-Janjua secret talks post Jadhav-family meet
- Texas rallies around guard Andrew Jones after leukemia diagnosis
- Europe's Ryder hopefuls face Asia in EurAsia
- Gene Therapy Cure For Blindness Gets $850K Price Tag
- Texas A&M Women's Basketball: Carter Named To Wooden Award Midseason Top 25
- Detergent pod challenge becoming unsafe teen trend
- Nigerians React As Benue Govt Buries Attack Victims
- Costa on the bench for Atletico´s Lleida trip