Further, the lender reported that its net interest margin was "stable at 3.99 per cent" for the third quarter as against 4 per cent in the corresponding quarter of the previous year.
The better earnings came on the back of a robust 20 per cent rise in net interest income (NII is interest earned minus interest expended) at Rs 1,894.81 crore against Rs 1578.42 crore in the year-ago period.More news: Tottenham make contact over move for Manchester United target Lucas Moura
In it's financial audit, IndusInd stated that they have transferred an amount of Rs 70 crore towards floating provisions for advances during the quarter ended June 30, 2017.
"In spite of the growth in balance sheet of 25%, we have seen increase in return on assets, which went up from 1.9% last quarter to 1.96% this quarter".More news: Intel subsidiary to supply autonomous driving technology to 2mn vehicles
Sobti also pointed out that the vehicle finance segment is beginning to boom. We saw a 34% increase in our disbursements on overall vehicle finance.
Gross non-performing assets (NPAs) advanced 54.25% to Rs1,498.70 crore at the end of the December quarter from Rs971.62 crore in the same quarter past year. "If you look at only commercial vehicle, disbursements grew by 39%", Mr. Sobti said. "The growth is pretty secular - two-wheelers, three-wheelers and tractor segments are also witnessing growth", he said.
Provisions and contingencies rose 8.9% to Rs236.16 crore in the quarter from Rs216.85 crore a year ago.More news: Europe's Ryder hopefuls face Asia in EurAsia
- Costa on the bench for Atletico´s Lleida trip
- Jaguars' Two-Minute Drill from win over Buffalo
- Turkey summons United States diplomat for supporting Syrian Kurd group
- Kenya Airways announces its inaugural direct flight to US
- Paul Manafort Is Suing The Department Of Justice And Robert Mueller
- Detergent pod challenge becoming unsafe teen trend
- Mini Hardtops and Convertible Updated
- Rep. Darrell Issa surprises with plans to not seek re-election
- Ally Sheedy Calls out Golden Globes Winner James Franco in #MeToo Tweet
- Nigerians React As Benue Govt Buries Attack Victims