No doubt the film's post-production team is working overtime to get those effects finished, and while this first look image is somewhat bland given what this movie is, we may be seeing a trailer here before too long. That's why IGN is thrilled to offer this exclusive first official still from the movie, which shows Tom Hardy as main character Eddie Brock in the upcoming film. Based on the fact that Eddie seems to very much be a normal person, and that he's digging into a shady foundation's dark secrets, it's clear the film will be an origin story.
It's clear that the star of Mad Max: Fury Road has a personal connection with Eddie Brock's story and Venom producer Matthew Tolmach has recently been talking about Hardy's intensity and skills as an actor. Not only does it star one of Spidey's most popular and enduring foes, it's also the first movie to truly expand the Spider-Man universe in a meaningful way beyond the adventures of the webbed hero.
Sony Pictures has unveiled an official first look at Venom, although those hoping to see what the symbiote looks like may come away disappointed. Those films were scuttled, but Venom hung on and Sony tapped Zombieland and Gangster Squad director Ruben Fleischer to helm the comics adaptation. "We want to be as true as possible to the comic with our film", he said.More news: Wendy Williams Aims At Kylie Jenner With Loaded Insults Surrounding Pregnancy Rumours
Venom is one of the coolest villains in comics but we've never gotten a good version of him.
If you don't know, Venom is a Symbiote who needs to bond with a human for survival.
Hardy also added: "I give you my word of honor that I'm going to do anything I can to deliver the best Venom that I possibly can muster".More news: US Department of State ranks Armenia among safest countries for travel
Filming for Venom continues on location in San Francisco later in January.
Well, it is technically Tom Hardy in Venom.More news: Joe Arpaio: 'Deport' Dreamers
- Rohingya Children Stranded in Myanmar Without Their Parents, Says UN
- UCF sign challenges Alabama to home-and-home series
- Immigration officials serve inspection notices at 7-Eleven stores
- Trump touts a poll that's bad for him
- M&S revenues fall as pressures on household budgets mount
- New England Patriots: 3 Key players to beating Titans in Divisional Round
- James Franco Accused Of 'Sexually Inappropriate And Exploitative Behavior' By Five Women
- Dead koala found screwed to pole in vile act of animal cruelty
- Romaine Lettuce E. coli Scare Appears Over, says Public Health
- US Senate committee probes Apple over slowing iPhones