The former unified light-welterweight world champion has not fought since stepping up to middleweight to do battle with Saul "Canelo" Alvarez in May 2016, but will resume his career nearly two years later.
The former unified world champion was most recently in the public eye when he appeared on ITV programme "I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here" in the latter half of 2017.
Amir Khan said that he has entered a new chapter in his life and he is focused on that considering the next few years are going to be the final years of his boxing career as he is now 31 and has few fights left.
However, a shot at Spence could be easier to arrange and the American says he would have no objections to the bout, as he says Khan is a bigger name than the man he beat to become world champion.More news: Ibaka, Johnson each suspended one game for throwing punches
Share your thoughts in the comment section or on the #AmoreNation community page.
The welterweight, who has signed a three-fight contract with a promoter he has long disliked, will return at Liverpool's Echo Arena on April 21 against an opponent they hope to announce next week.
The Khan marriage had hit the hard place between mutual, lurid accusations with Khan alleging that his wife had an affair with world heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua, with whom he will now be a stablemate in Hearn's Matchroom promotions.
Khan (31) dismissed concerns about Hearn having a conflict of interest by also working with Brook.More news: England cricket team coach Trevor Bayliss asks Joe Root to skip IPL
A fight between the pair has always been touted, however, never came to fruition as the two boxers camps could not agree terms. Eddie, in my view, is the best promoter in the UK. "British boxing is in such a good place and I genuinely can't wait to get back in that ring with the incredible home support behind me", he said.
'That's one of the reasons why I keep away from Eddie Hearn and his shows, I just don't want to be in that drama'.
"His name is bigger because he has fought more big names [than Brook]". If he really wanted the fight between me and Kell Brook, he should not be speaking to me, he should be speaking to [my adviser] Al Haymon.
Eddie Hearn also said there are chances of Khan's fights with Manny Pacquiao, Kell Brook, Keith Thurman and Errol Spence in 2018.More news: 'Fast' Eddie Clarke, Motorhead guitarist dead at 67
And he said his time in the jungle was crucial in allowing him to think about his boxing career.
- Ford's hot rod SUV shows need for speed survives sedan slump
- Baidu, BlackBerry form an autonomous-driving dream team
- Mike Tyson Announces Plans to Open Cannabis Resort in California Desert
- Marine biologist says whale saved her from shark, Youtube users are skeptical
- Trump administration backs off Florida drilling proposal
- In wake of Iran protests, should Canada reopen embassy in Tehran?
- Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Apart on Christmas, But Together for New Year's
- Nissan's latest technology allows cars to respond to drivers' brainwaves
- LG starts rolling out Android Oreo update for LG G6 users
- Israel, US back Iran riots: Turkish FM