The visit produced no formal initiatives but Chinese President Xi Jinping said they would "make joint efforts to maintain multilateralism and improve global governance". He said France also hoped to strike deals to sell Airbus A350 and A380 models to China in the coming weeks or months. Macron began his first state visit to China with a stop in Xian on Monday, an eastern departure point of the ancient Silk Road.
The average inhabitant eats four kilogrammes (8.8 pounds) each year, according to the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development.
JD will also educate and provide training programs for senior executives across France about Chinese e-commerce market and will offer express enrolment service for French companies to get them running on JD.com as quickly as possible.More news: Rushing duo carries Bulldogs over Sooners in epic Rose Bowl finish
With the United Kingdom less likely to back out from Brexit, France has chose to cement its trade ties with China.
Macron and Xi on Tuesday signed several Memorandums of Understanding (MoUs) for cooperation in areas such as aviation and nuclear energy.
Macron, 40, has said Europe should not be "naive" in its trade relations, pushing in Brussels for more stringent anti-dumping rules against imports of cheap Chinese steel.
"As a major European country, France can also play a pioneering role in solving some of the lingering issues overshadowing China's co-operation with the continent, notably the market economy status", it said.More news: Scientific study suggests ibuprofen linked to male infertility
The highlight of Macron's charm offensive is his gift of a presidential cavalry horse, Vesuvius, to Xi.
In a keynote speech on Monday, Macron urged the European Union to participate in Xi's cherished US$1 trillion Silk Road trade infrastructure project despite misgivings, though he warned that the initiative should not create a "new hegemony".
Xi'an is located in landlocked western China. "We count on President Macron to firmly remind the Chinese of France's commitment to the principles of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and to press for the release of prominent detainees such as Liu Xia and Huang Qi".More news: Jones Breaks Tradition, Chooses Biden As Escort For Swearing
- Baidu, BlackBerry form an autonomous-driving dream team
- Barcelona sign Colombia defender Yerry Mina from Palmeiras
- Marine biologist says whale saved her from shark, Youtube users are skeptical
- LG starts rolling out Android Oreo update for LG G6 users
- England cricket team coach Trevor Bayliss asks Joe Root to skip IPL
- Joe Arpaio announces he's running for Senate
- Abcam (ABC) Receives "Hold" Rating from Peel Hunt
- In wake of Iran protests, should Canada reopen embassy in Tehran?
- Nissan's latest technology allows cars to respond to drivers' brainwaves
- Here's How Hoda Kotb's 'Today' Show Salary Compares to Matt Lauer's