Chelsea were in a position where they wanted to get a good fee for the 29-year-old, but it was quite clear that Costa wanted to return to Atletico Madrid and they knew he wasn't going to play again for Chelsea, seemingly driving his price down.
'I couldn't ask for more from my second debut.More news: Kenya Airways announces its inaugural direct flight to US
Having been forced by a Federation Internationale de Football Association transfer ban to sit out the first half of the season following his €66 million return from Chelsea last summer, Costa entered early in the second half and within five minutes had finished smartly at the near post from Juanfran's cross.
'It is great for me to play for Atletico Madrid again, the club are very important to me and I am very happy with this.
Costa appeared to have injured himself stretching to score the goal, but was able to carry on and finish the game.More news: Alex Jones Launches Preemptive Strike Against Oprah 2020
Vietto's move to the club reunites him with coach Marcelino Garcia, who was the boss during his last season at Villarreal, when he scored 20 goals and the forward admitted that Marcelino's presence had been a key factor in his decision.
Costa has had a frustrating few months in the wilderness due to Atletico's transfer ban which meant the Spaniard was unable to register for the La Liga outfit until January 1.
"If I start scoring goals and the team plays well, it will be easier for me to make Lopetegui's list", Costa said.More news: Oprah for president? Winfrey fans urge White House run after #MeToo speech
The second leg of the tie against third-tier club holds next Tuesday, with Atletico hosting Getafe in the league this Saturday.
- What Katrina Kaif's Tiger Zinda Hai Director Commented On Her Training Video
- Highest trolley count at Limerick hospital on week of new overcrowding record
- Monaco must 'prepare' for Thomas Lemar interest - Leonardo Jardim
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 Is Doing Really Well On The Switch
- Portland General Electric (POR) Receiving Somewhat Positive Press Coverage, Analysis Shows
- Number of people attending stop smoking program rises amid high cigarette prices
- OR at No. 17 Arizona tops the Pac-12 this week
- Jaguars' Two-Minute Drill from win over Buffalo
- 13000 trapped at Swiss ski station
- Abe leaves for Baltic and E.European tour