Meunier got the surprise of a lifetime (not a good surprise) when he opened his front door on Tuesday night to let his dogs out only to be confronted by a four-foot bear standing next to him. But before Meunier could react, he was attacked by the bear and knocked to the ground.
"He was right there", Meunier told WINK News.
"It felt like somebody punched me".More news: Opioid Crisis Worse for Farm Families
"That's run through my head, what if it was terrible and she came downstairs wondering where I was and there I was laying...yeah it's scary", said Meunier.
The bears reportedly stand about 5 feet tall. "It wasn't until I got back inside, looked down at my hand and saw blood all over".
Meunier said he was concerned for his life and for his 7-year-old daughter, who was asleep at the time of the attack.
"I'm just happy to be alive". It was terrible and she came downstairs wondering where I was... He sought treatment at a local hospital and received 41 stitches.More news: Traffic moving after hours-long interstate shutdown
Adding, 'It could've been a totally different story'.
Andree Meunier was attacked by a bear outside his Naples apartment. Doughnuts have been placed in the traps because it's candies that attract the bears.
The Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission is now attempting to capture the bear that attacked Meunier as well as any other bears in the area, the Palm Beach Post reported.
It is the first recorded bear attack in South Florida since 1970, something Meunier finds a little humorous.More news: A 146-inch television will soon be available for purchase
- Kelly Clarkson Accused Of Abuse For Spanking Children
- Princess Charlotte is a 'very sweet and confident' child with 'beautiful manners'
- Amazon May Buy Target In 2018
- Amazon brings Alexa digital assistant along for the ride with Toyota
- Bon Jovi Announce Spring Tour Dates
- Smith Sworn In as Minnesota's Newest US Senator
- Cardi B, Bruno Mars, SZA To Perform At 2018 Grammys
- AAP Rajya Sabha nominations: Disgruntled Kumar Vishwas 'accepts martyrdom'
- Dominion Energy, SCANA To Merge In $7.9B All-Stock Deal
- 'It was so ferocious': Passengers recall terrifying cruise through 'bomb cyclone'