FC Barcelona have signed Colombia defender Yerry Mina from Brazilian club Palmeiras as he was one of the most sought-after defenders that club head coach Ernesto Valverde had his eye on for quite a while. The Colombia global will sign a 5-1/2 year contract with the Spanish side.
Mina was a key part for Palmeiras when they won the Brazilian league in 2016 and was runner-up a year ago.
However, Mina has joined early, signing a five-and-a-half year deal with a release clause of €100 million (£88.5 million), with hopes he can settle quickly in La Liga. He has won a Torneo Finalización (2014), a Colombian Superliga (2015) and a Copa Sudamericana (2015), with Santa Fe, as well as a Serie A with Palmeiras (2016).
The Colombia global will strengthen Barcelona's defensive options as Javier Mascherano is expected to leave Camp Nou in the January transfer window, with Chinese Super League side Hebei China Fortune reportedly keen on the experienced Argentine.More news: Israel, US back Iran riots: Turkish FM
"Yerry Mina now comes to Barca with the opportunity to continue developing as a footballer following his move to Europe". FC's Sid Lowe reveals the three people he feels are most responsible for leading Barcelona to a nine-point lead in La Liga.
"He goes to Valencia. I let him go", Wenger said after Wednesday's 0-0 draw with Chelsea.More news: Connected auto solutions one result of Samsung's HARMAN acquisition
Barcelona has announced their second signing of the January window and no surprise, it's center back Yerry Mina.More news: Rushing duo carries Bulldogs over Sooners in epic Rose Bowl finish
- In wake of Iran protests, should Canada reopen embassy in Tehran?
- Hearn: Pacquiao, Brook, Thurman & Spence All Big Fights for Khan
- Ohio Man Charged With Creating 'Fruitfly' Mac Malware
- Netanyahu not welcome in India: CPM
- 'Fast' Eddie Clarke, Motorhead guitarist dead at 67
- Nissan's latest technology allows cars to respond to drivers' brainwaves
- Trump administration backs off Florida drilling proposal
- Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Apart on Christmas, But Together for New Year's
- Jones Breaks Tradition, Chooses Biden As Escort For Swearing
- England cricket team coach Trevor Bayliss asks Joe Root to skip IPL