While some have suggested the 29-year-old takes too many risks to be selected in the Test side, he seemed to be a fixture in the Aussie ODI outfit.
Australia all-rounder Glenn Maxwell has endured a tumultuous week, but here's why I think he's been given the short end of the stick. With Lynn's calf injury, Maxwell's comeback was much anticipated but the selectors shut all the doors by preferring White over Glenn. Maxwell has been in great form lately in all formats.
But Hohns last week said Maxwell's recent ODI output had been unsatisfactory, while Australian skipper Steve Smith pointedly called on the allrounder to "train a little bit smarter".More news: Amazon May Buy Target In 2018
Maxwell denied rumours of a rift.
The selectors, led by Trevor Hohns, also made a decision to rest paceman Josh Hazlewood from the opening ODI while fellow pacer Pat Cummins will skip the second game as Australia look to manage the workload of their fast bowlers ahead of the Test tour of South Africa.
"In the back of my mind I never really gave up all hope". You'd have to ask the selectors, I couldn't tell you.
Commenting on his selection, Hohns said: "He's in very good form as his figures demonstrate, he's playing very well". "He ticks all the boxes for what we need at this stage".More news: Saints beat Panthers, confident about rematch with Vikings
The Victorian right-hander has been in outstanding limited-overs form with 285 runs at an average of 142.5 and a strike-rate of 115.85 for the Melbourne Renegades in the Big Bash League.
In the global arena, Neds have the Aussies at $1.38 to win the series, with England at the juicy odds of $3.10.
Australia will play five ODIs against England starting from the 14th of January.More news: Ibaka, Johnson each suspended one game for throwing punches
- Ford's hot rod SUV shows need for speed survives sedan slump
- NM state lawmaker seeks to block border wall
- Leishman grabs Hawaii lead with eight birdies
- Syrian militants in counteroffensive in Idlib
- Uganda Denies Accepting Migrants From Israel
- 2017 goes down as costliest year ever for natural disasters in US
- Terror attacks in Pakistan keeps declining due to nationwide efforts
- A 146-inch television will soon be available for purchase
- Visit the Game of Thrones Ice Hotel Before it Melts Away
- Bon Jovi Announce Spring Tour Dates