Arsene Wenger faces further Football Association disciplinary action after describing disputed refereeing decisions as "concerning coincidences".
The drama was not over, as Morata failed to convert his third gilt-edged chance of the match.
Arsenal hold Chelsea 2-2 in thriller
Chelsea almost hit straight back to snatch all three points but again Morata's shot lacked conviction and Zappacosta's follow up cannoned off the crossbar to the relief of the Arsenal fans who had hardly finished celebrating before the Italian struck the woodwork.More news: Yet another D-Day for Lalu on Jan 24
Arsenal subsequently began to dominate the play, and Wilshere finally broke the deadlock in the 63rd minute after Courtois had again made a fine save from Lacazette.
Chelsea came from behind to take the lead at 2-1 only ten minutes before the end.
A sweeping crossfield move in the 84th minute saw Zappacosta get the better of Arsenal's inexperienced left back Ainsley Maitland-Niles before rifling in a low cross that Alonso met sweetly to give Cech no chance.More news: Bottlerock Festival Announces 2018 Lineup Featuring The Killers, Muse and Halsey
Arsenal's defense was again inconsistent as the second half began, and Cech had to step in and save a couple Chelsea shots. A weak effort aimed straight at Cech was followed by a thunderbolt courtesy of right wing back Zappacosta, who nigh-on dented the crossbar.
Video of the entire news conference is embedded above, and you can see Wenger's throwaway line about committing suicide around the 6:30 mark. I have been in England for 21 years and I try to serve this game with honesty, integrity and, when I have something to say, I say it. A 2-1 win over West Brom on Tuesday night ended a three-game run without a win for David Moyes side.More news: 'Three Billboards' and 'Lady Bird' win Best Picture at Golden Globes
- Homosexual marriages also enjoy freedom of movement in the EU
- Miami Heat guard Dion Waiters to have season-ending surgery
- Intel subsidiary to supply autonomous driving technology to 2mn vehicles
- Teacher hopes arrest spurs concern for education
- Nigerians React As Benue Govt Buries Attack Victims
- Intel sets world record by flying 100 mini drones for light show
- Gene Therapy Cure For Blindness Gets $850K Price Tag
- IndusInd Bank Q3 net profit rises 25% to Rs936.25 crore
- MEA confirms Doval-Janjua secret talks post Jadhav-family meet
- Paul Manafort Is Suing The Department Of Justice And Robert Mueller