Amazon's "Best of Prime" announcement also noted more than 17 million people who tuned into their coverage of the National Football League's Thursday Night Football games. External researchers estimate that Amazon now could have up to 90 million Prime members. This shows just how important Prime has become to Amazon's future success. The most trendy product was the Instant Pot that was the most gifted item on Amazon's Wedding Registry, as well as the most Wish Listed item.More news: Make Or Break Search For MH370
Showcasing the sheer power and influence of the merchant giant, Amazon announced what it called its Best of Prime 2017, which provides details regarding its Prime services. To ship all those items and fill all those orders, Amazon upped its global footprint of distribution centers by 30 percent this year.
To grow the Prime pie even further, Amazon has steadily been opening the program to more potential customers.More news: Netflix releases trailer for 'Altered Carbon'
Prime is now available in 16 countries globally, following expansion into the Netherlands and Singapore past year.
In addition to its core areas of shipping and video, Amazon broke some new ground with Prime in 2017. Customers also took advantage of other benefits of the Prime service too - such as Prime Video and Prime Music.More news: CES 2018: vivo Showcases First Phone with In-screen Fingerprint Sensor
"Tens of millions of members around the world enjoy the many benefits included with Prime, and in fact, more new paid members joined Prime worldwide this year than any previous year", said Greg Greeley, Vice President, Amazon Prime.
- Obama Foundation files plans for presidential library in Chicago
- Marriott website in China temporarily closed after questionnaire gaffe
- Father invites 14-year-old daughter's bullies to her funeral
- Future Samsung phones will have a feature, which iPhone users can not access!
- Merkel entering final stage of make-or-break talks
- Turkey Says Russia, Iran Should Stop Syrian Attacks In Idlib
- Bell says he'd consider retirement if tagged again
- Turkey warns its citizens against travelling in US
- Liverpool's Salah back in training ahead of Manchester City clash
- Watch the Nintendo Direct Mini here; All of announcements listed