Many male stars, including Ewan McGregor, Chris Hemsworth, William H. Macy, and Franco wore pins supporting the "Time's Up" initiative, a legal defense fund for those who have experienced sexual harassment, assault, or abuse in the workplace.
During Sunday night's Golden Globes Awards, which centered mostly on the sexual misconduct claims now plaguing Hollywood, Brat Pack actress Ally Sheedy called out actors James Franco and Christian Slater in a cryptic #MeToo tweet that has since been deleted. While Sheedy didn't provide more details, she was clearly accusing Franco of something.More news: HTC U11 EYEs Coming on January 15: Specs and Features
A third scathed: "James Franco blocking Tommy Wiseau from the mic is real swamp vermin behaviour, can't believe he's done this".
While the actress did not provide any specific allegations or claims about Franco, other social media users pointed out that the actor had apparently hit on a 17-year-old Scottish girl on Instagram when both were in New York City in 2014.More news: OR at No. 17 Arizona tops the Pac-12 this week
Sheedy deleted the tweets, but not before they earned over 1,300 re-tweets. "I don't wait for Hollywood, I make my own movie, '" Franco said, quoting Wiseau.
So we put it to The Disaster Artist's screenwriting duo, Scott Neustadter and Michael H. Weber (500 Days of Summer, The Spectacular Now) at Sunday's Golden Globe Awards (watch above). "Said too much. Nite, love ya Golden Globes", Sheedy added.
Offering a taste of his incredible Wiseau impression, Franco revealed how life had come full circle for Wiseau as he accepted the award. When James was giving his acceptance speech for playing Tommy Wiseau in The Disaster Artist, Ally was watching and tweeting some serious shade.More news: MEA confirms Doval-Janjua secret talks post Jadhav-family meet
- Ethiopia bans foreigners from adopting amid concerns of child abuse and neglect
- Colorado Sheriff's Office Says 'Multiple Deputies Down' in Active Incident
- State Department Approves Possible $133.3 Million Missile Deal With Japan
- Texas A&M Women's Basketball: Carter Named To Wooden Award Midseason Top 25
- Costa on the bench for Atletico´s Lleida trip
- Highest trolley count at Limerick hospital on week of new overcrowding record
- IKEA ad requires pregnant women to urinate for a discount
- Rep. Darrell Issa surprises with plans to not seek re-election
- Kenya Airways announces its inaugural direct flight to US
- Two Former WWE Women's Champions Contacted For Women's Royal Rumble Match