Jolie's film First They Killed My Father is nominated for a Critics' Choice Awards in the Best Foreign Language Film category.
While accepting the Best Picture honour, filmmaker del Toro praised the women who made "The Shape Of Water" possible, including stars Sally Hawkins and Octavia Spencer, reports the Entertainment Weekly.
At last night's Critic's Choice Awards (11 January), host Olivia Munn and actor Niecy Nash lifted their glasses to "give a toast to the good men in Hollywood".More news: Tonya Harding: After infamous Kerrigan attack, where is she now
Organisers had billed the event in Santa Monica as being attended by Franco, but after announcing him as the victor, actor Walton Goggins said: "James couldn't be here tonight to accept this, so we will accept it on his behalf".
"In my life, I pride myself on taking responsibility for things that I've done", Franco told Colbert on Tuesday.
She went on to thank her husband, saying: "When my cheek is against yours everything else melts away", and she also thanked her mother, adding: "My momma was an advocate for the women's movement when I was growing up, and because of her I'm standing here". The Disaster Artist lost out on best comedy (to The Big Sick).More news: Ockhi fund spent for Kerala CM's travel for party meetings
As she accepted her award, Brosnahan noted that even though women aren't wearing black like most did at the Golden Globe Awards earlier in the week, she said the fight to eradicate sexual harassment continues.
The biggest shift is that now accusers are being believed, she said. "Get Out" was named best sci-fi or horror film, and writer-director Jordan Peele claimed original screenplay honors.
Asked if being tapped to host the Critics' Choice ceremony feels like an endorsement of her outspokenness, Munn said she's felt the greatest support from the Hollywood community and the public.More news: Microsoft starts testing encrypted Skype conversations with Skype Insiders
Host Olivia Munn and numerous winners took time to speak out about gender inequality.
- So Queen Elizabeth has sacked her lingerie stylist and here's why
- At least 8 people dead after California mudslides
- NBC to Politicize Super Bowl by Televising National Anthem Protests
- Social media reaction to the Sixers-Celtics game in London
- Trump author defends book as president claims it is 'lies'
- Streetwise Analysis on Shares of Domino's Pizza, Inc. (NYSE:DPZ)
- Freezing rain, snow, wintry mix in today's forecast
- ISRO set to launch its 100th satellite today, along with 30 others
- Sam's Club stores abruptly close
- Seth Meyers Makes the Golden Globes Political in Record Time