Farrow thanked Sorvino for the apology on Twitter, saying, "I am overwhelmed and my gratitude to you can not be expressed sufficiently in words". Sorvino won the Best Supporting Actress Oscar in 1995 for her acclaimed turn in Allen's comedy "Mighty Aphrodite". In an interview with New York Times, the 34-year-old film-maker has declared that she will not work with the "Midnight in Paris" helmer in the future.
Sorvino says that in the aftermath of Weinstein's outing as a sexual predator, and as a man who deliberately worked to derail her career, she reached out to Ronan Farrow. The "Lady Bird" director says that if she knew then what she knows now about the allegations against Allen, she would not have worked with him.More news: Marine biologist says whale saved her from shark, Youtube users are skeptical
"It takes courageous concentration and thought, it's not a snap to judgement thing", said Sorvino on the pieces she selects to write, "I've been very careful and thought long and hard before putting out any statements, and it's why I write in written form".
"It is hard to sever ties and denounce your heroes, your benefactors, whom you fondly admired and felt a debt of gratitude toward for your entire career's existence", Sorvino wrote. What I have to say next is not a justification, simply a description of my background with Woody at that time and since.
"I send you love and inclusion and admiration for your courage all this time", Sorvino also wrote, telling Dylan, "I believe you!"
"I was reached out to, as you know, publicly by Peter Jackson and by Terry Zwigoff, which was very courageous of them both". I believe you! I am grateful to you and admire your integrity and bravery, one woman who has had to stand virtually alone all these years speaking her painful truth.More news: In wake of Iran protests, should Canada reopen embassy in Tehran?
"I can only speak for myself and what I've come to is this: if I had known then what I know now, I would not have acted in the film", Gerwig said in a roundtable discussion for the New York Times. "Good for him that he goes, because if not, he has to meet me, and I will kill the motherf-er". "To those who have already taken a stand and amplified my voice with theirs, there is a 7-year-old girl inside of me who thanks you from the bottom of her heart".
You can read Sorvino's full letter at HuffPost.More news: Rushing duo carries Bulldogs over Sooners in epic Rose Bowl finish
- Nissan's latest technology allows cars to respond to drivers' brainwaves
- England cricket team coach Trevor Bayliss asks Joe Root to skip IPL
- Abcam (ABC) Receives "Hold" Rating from Peel Hunt
- AFC Wildcard Sunday - Buffalo Bills at Jacksonville Jaguars
- Capcom explains "extra work" behind Monster Hunter World PC delay
- Gal Gadot Says 'We Should All Be Feminists', Especially Now!
- LG starts rolling out Android Oreo update for LG G6 users
- Scientific study suggests ibuprofen linked to male infertility
- Face of the Red Fort terror attack suspect caught after 17 years
- Trump administration backs off Florida drilling proposal