The final decision was taken at the party's Political Affairs Committee (PAC) meeting at Kejriwal's residence. I and a huge number of my supporters feel that I should go the the Rajya Sabha where I will be an articulate voice against the BJP and the Congress.
The AAP's Kumar Vishvas, who eyed a seat, lost out, claimed "martyrdom" and hinted he had been punished for speaking against chief minister Arvind Kejriwal. He presented his thanks to the AAP party for his nomination.
"Sanjay Singh, ND Gupta and Sushil Gupta are the final names for the three Rajya Sabha seats from Delhi", Sisodia said while addressing a press conference.More news: Turkey Says Russia, Iran Should Stop Syrian Attacks In Idlib
Clearly blaming Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal for the decision not to nominate him, he said nothing happens in the party without Kejriwal's consent.
This does suggest that big leaders in their fields do not want to be associated with the AAP.
The decision comes after the party initially chose to reach out to eminent members from different fields but later settled for a mix from within the party and outside.
Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) is likely to announce the three Rajya Sabha nominees of the party on Wednesday.More news: 'It was so ferocious': Passengers recall terrifying cruise through 'bomb cyclone'
"N.D. Gupta has a reputation in the CA fraternity and I have worked with him in the past", said Jagannadham Thunuguntla, head of research, Karvy Stock Broking. "Never thought they would get Rajya Sabha nominations", the MLA added.
Currently, the city-state is being represented by Janardan Dwivedi, Parvez Hashmi, Karan Singh, whose terms end in January next year.
The AAP leader also charged that around one and half years ago Kejriwal had in a party's national executive meeting said with a smile, "We will finish you, but we will not let you be a martyr".
Those approached included former RBI chief Raghuram Rajan, ex-BJP minister Arun Shourie and former CJI T.S. Thakur. Moreover, today AAP's deputy CM Manish Sisodia chose three members to contest for the Rajya Sabha seats.More news: Liverpool's Salah back in training ahead of Manchester City clash
- 74 percent of Pornhub's Canadian traffic came from mobile devices in 2017
- Jack White Releases Two New Songs
- Westbrook Still Trailing In All-Star Vote After Second Returns
- Metro searching for man suspected of Las Vegas store robbery
- Tim McGraw and Faith Hill song hit with copyright lawsuit
- NFL Playoffs: Vikings vs Saints Analyst Pick
- Storm anticipated to deliver heavy rain and snow to Northern California
- Trump's Russian Federation inquiry 'started by Aussie tip-off'
- MI analyst Scott Turner leaving for NFL's Carolina Panthers
- NHS: Patients 'dying prematurely' in corridors, A&E bosses warn May