Alexa users will be able to control their TiVo with a new TiVo skill for Alexa, which will listen for specific voice commands like Select, Play, and Record. Your voice becomes a TiVo remote, but it won't be a TiVo Vox remote (the new microphone-equipped remote TiVo released last year). "They make it easy to watch YouTube videos, enjoy personal photos, follow recipes, control smart home devices and more", said Chris Turkstra, Director, Google Assistant.
It has Chromecast functionality built in so you can cast to it from other devices.More news: Adequate Sleep Can Help Reduce Sugar Intake
Regardless of who wins when the dust settles, whether you say "Hey Google" or "Alexa", the key takeaway from the showing of digital assistant-driven devices at this year's CES 2018 goes to show that we will soon be talking to our devices even more from here on.
Dish doesn't want its customers to concern themselves as much with a lost TV remote, as the company has announced that it will be adding Google Assistant capabilities in the coming months. It will work with all generations of Dish's Hopper DVR, all models of its Joey client, and its Wally single-tuner HD receiver.More news: New York City Is Suing Major Oil Companies Over Climate Change
The world's largest search company is not going to let the world's largest online retail website win the voice-enabled home-assistant war without a big fight.
- Major blaze at recycling plant near Dublin Airport
- Defense lifts Jaguars past Bills
- Jimmy Iovine calls predictions of his departure 'fake news'
- Overwatch League Inaugural Season Begins Today
- Canada braces for possible U.S. exit from NAFTA trade pact
- IPhone battery catches fire in Zurich store: Apple Genius suffers burns
- Trump calls interview with special counsel 'unlikely'
- Salah wins PFA's Player of the Month for the 2nd time
- Barack Obama talks dancing with Prince on David Letterman's new Netflix show
- Women are better survivors than men