Over 150-units of blood weren't collected because of canceled drives.
The blood donated helps those undergoing surgeries, in accidents, and cancer patients.More news: Salah wins PFA's Player of the Month for the 2nd time
"Even temporary disruptions to blood and platelet donations can diminish the availability for hospital patients", Jay said.
In 2016, there were 67,692 Bonfils blood donors, which added up to 142,214 blood donations made in Colorado that year.
"Remember that every time you donate blood you could be saving as many as three people's lives", Gov. Malloy said. RapidPass lets donors complete the pre-donation reading and answer the health history questionnaire online, on the day of their donation, by visiting redcrossblood.org/rapidpass from the convenience of a mobile device or computer, or through the Blood Donor App. Appointments are preferred but walk in donors are also accepted.More news: Alabama WR Calvin Ridley to enter National Football League draft
Individuals who are 17 years of age in most states (16 with parental consent where allowed by state law), weigh at least 110 pounds and are in generally good health may be eligible to donate blood.
Type B negative: The blood type that can be transfused to type B Rh-positive and negative patients.
With snow finally moving out of the area organizations like the red cross are trying to make up ground.More news: Trump calls interview with special counsel 'unlikely'
On Wednesday, he encouraged people to donate blood if they are able to.
- Tsunami advisories cancelled for magnitude 7.6 quake in Caribbean
- Vermont Senate passes recreational marijuana bill, governor expected to sign
- Defense lifts Jaguars past Bills
- Millions worth of jewelry looted in Paris hotel robbery
- Jimmy Iovine calls predictions of his departure 'fake news'
- First pediatric flu death reported in Ohio
- Body found in Borrego Park identified as missing college student
- Barack Obama talks dancing with Prince on David Letterman's new Netflix show
- Major blaze at recycling plant near Dublin Airport
- IPhone battery catches fire in Zurich store: Apple Genius suffers burns