Over 150-units of blood weren't collected because of canceled drives.
The blood donated helps those undergoing surgeries, in accidents, and cancer patients.More news: Adequate Sleep Can Help Reduce Sugar Intake
"Even temporary disruptions to blood and platelet donations can diminish the availability for hospital patients", Jay said.
In 2016, there were 67,692 Bonfils blood donors, which added up to 142,214 blood donations made in Colorado that year.
"Remember that every time you donate blood you could be saving as many as three people's lives", Gov. Malloy said. RapidPass lets donors complete the pre-donation reading and answer the health history questionnaire online, on the day of their donation, by visiting redcrossblood.org/rapidpass from the convenience of a mobile device or computer, or through the Blood Donor App. Appointments are preferred but walk in donors are also accepted.More news: Game Boy is respawning thanks to Hyperkin
Individuals who are 17 years of age in most states (16 with parental consent where allowed by state law), weigh at least 110 pounds and are in generally good health may be eligible to donate blood.
Type B negative: The blood type that can be transfused to type B Rh-positive and negative patients.
With snow finally moving out of the area organizations like the red cross are trying to make up ground.More news: Jimmy Iovine calls predictions of his departure 'fake news'
On Wednesday, he encouraged people to donate blood if they are able to.
- Body found in Borrego Park identified as missing college student
- Canada braces for possible U.S. exit from NAFTA trade pact
- Watchdog calls for more IRS funding as agency implements tax law
- Inside Pregnant Kylie Jenner's "60-Pound" Weight Gain
- Detroit Red Wings' Defenseman Mike Green Named to All-Star Game
- Tsunami advisories cancelled for magnitude 7.6 quake in Caribbean
- Barack Obama talks dancing with Prince on David Letterman's new Netflix show
- Major blaze at recycling plant near Dublin Airport
- New York City Is Suing Major Oil Companies Over Climate Change
- Salah wins PFA's Player of the Month for the 2nd time