- Daniel Bryan made The Usos vs. Chad Gable and Shelton Benjamin in a 2-out-of-3 falls match for the Smackdown Tag Team Championship at Royal Rumble.
Also, with The Viper and The King of Strong Style advertised for the WWE title match at Fastlane as well, this could indicate that neither one of them will be winning the Royal Rumble match at the Wells Fargo Center on January 28. Styles, in an interview to Renee Young said that he is unhappy with the decision but will not interfere in the ongoing tiff between Commissioner Shane McMahon and Daniel Bryan. Styles says he made a mistake in saying he'd fight them in a handicap match, he was being sarcastic.
Becky Lynch (w/ Charlotte and Naomi) def. Good match from these two; they have similar styles and came up in pro wrestling in an nearly parallel way.More news: LG 65-Inch UHD Rollable OLED, 88-Inch 8K OLED Display Showcased
The Bludgeon Brothers def. A match of painful physical action, it was Rawley who proved to be the more talented athlete of the night as he endured plenty of blows from Ryder, eventually knocking him down for the count with a haymaker of a running fist.
As seen on WWE Smackdown Live tonight, Mojo Rawley defeated his former Hype Bros partner Zack Ryder to advance in the U.S. Title tournament. I don't like either of these guys, and Mojo annoys me to no end. Catching the super-athlete in a roll-up, Rusev's day wasn't worth celebrating at all. Tonight it will be Owens and Zayn vs. Nakamura, Randy Orton, and AJ Styles. "The Prizefighter" won the championship back in 2016 when he outlasted four of the top stars in the WWE roster today, in the form of Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins, and Big Cass. Good enough match, though it was a bit of a sloppy cluster at parts.
Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn interrupt. A DQ win was announced, and then Shane said the match was No Count Out, No DQ, and Anything Goes. Owens calls him the regretful AJ Styles or the remorseful AJ Styles.More news: Asuka Has A Surprising Partner For Mixed Match Challenge
Nakamura hit the Kinshasa, Orton hit the RKO, and the team got the pin for the win.
Becky Lynch entered the women's Royal Rumble match. To make matters worse, the Bludgeon Brothers chose to engage in a post-match beatdown, serving up some extra pain to Konnor after the bell had rung.More news: Madrasas produce terrorists, says Shia Central Waqf Board chief; demands ban
- Ibaka, Johnson ejected in Raptors' loss to Heat
- United Kingdom grocer Sainsbury's has record Christmas week as online sales grow
- Snow strands thousands of tourists in Switzerland
- French actress defends men's 'right to hit on' women
- Search for MH370 continues, to cost between RM82m to RM280m if found
- Libya Rescues 279 Migrants at Sea, but 100 More Are Feared Dead
- From Trump to Time's Up, what stars said at the Golden Globes
- China Says 32 People, Mostly Iranians, Missing After Oil Tanker Collision
- Zuma appoints commission of inquiry into state capture
- Tesla finally begins production of its high-tech solar roofs