- Daniel Bryan made The Usos vs. Chad Gable and Shelton Benjamin in a 2-out-of-3 falls match for the Smackdown Tag Team Championship at Royal Rumble.
Also, with The Viper and The King of Strong Style advertised for the WWE title match at Fastlane as well, this could indicate that neither one of them will be winning the Royal Rumble match at the Wells Fargo Center on January 28. Styles, in an interview to Renee Young said that he is unhappy with the decision but will not interfere in the ongoing tiff between Commissioner Shane McMahon and Daniel Bryan. Styles says he made a mistake in saying he'd fight them in a handicap match, he was being sarcastic.
Becky Lynch (w/ Charlotte and Naomi) def. Good match from these two; they have similar styles and came up in pro wrestling in an nearly parallel way.More news: From Trump to Time's Up, what stars said at the Golden Globes
The Bludgeon Brothers def. A match of painful physical action, it was Rawley who proved to be the more talented athlete of the night as he endured plenty of blows from Ryder, eventually knocking him down for the count with a haymaker of a running fist.
As seen on WWE Smackdown Live tonight, Mojo Rawley defeated his former Hype Bros partner Zack Ryder to advance in the U.S. Title tournament. I don't like either of these guys, and Mojo annoys me to no end. Catching the super-athlete in a roll-up, Rusev's day wasn't worth celebrating at all. Tonight it will be Owens and Zayn vs. Nakamura, Randy Orton, and AJ Styles. "The Prizefighter" won the championship back in 2016 when he outlasted four of the top stars in the WWE roster today, in the form of Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins, and Big Cass. Good enough match, though it was a bit of a sloppy cluster at parts.
Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn interrupt. A DQ win was announced, and then Shane said the match was No Count Out, No DQ, and Anything Goes. Owens calls him the regretful AJ Styles or the remorseful AJ Styles.More news: Manchester United reach agreement with Paris Saint Germain to sign Lucas Moura
Nakamura hit the Kinshasa, Orton hit the RKO, and the team got the pin for the win.
Becky Lynch entered the women's Royal Rumble match. To make matters worse, the Bludgeon Brothers chose to engage in a post-match beatdown, serving up some extra pain to Konnor after the bell had rung.More news: HTC announces VIVE Pro VR headset at CES 2018
- Willie Nelson Cancels Shows Due to Breathing Issues
- Millie Bobby Brown to Play Sherlock Holmes' Sister Enola Holmes
- Giants' Landon Collins: Bill Belichick's style isn't what organization wants
- Asuka Has A Surprising Partner For Mixed Match Challenge
- The Weeknd distances himself from H&M after monkey sweatshirt row
- Madrasas produce terrorists, says Shia Central Waqf Board chief; demands ban
- Arab League Drafts Response To Trump's Jerusalem Decision
- Guardiola stresses importance of EFL Cup win
- Tesla finally begins production of its high-tech solar roofs
- South Korean Officials Head to Border for Talks With North