The new series itself is set in China during the year 190 CE.
A lot of gamers have been asking for more historical games based around cultures and regions that have not been covered by the Total War franchise.More news: Kamala Mills fire: Accused Sanghvi brothers detained in Mumbai
Total War: Three Kingdoms is the first full historical Total War game we've seen in a few years, marking a fresh step after both the fantastical Warhammer games and the smaller Saga titles. Now, with the cat out of the bag and Three Empires on track for launch later in 2018, it looks as if Total War devotees and turn-based strategy diehards will have plenty to keep them busy this year. Alongside the core historical-based games, the Total War series has expanded to include free-to-play mobile (Total War Battles™: KINGDOM) and PC titles (Total War™: ARENA), now in development.
The game will be set in 190CE, and will focus on the heroes of the period as they fight to unite China under a single banner. As such, the developers chose to just go ahead and release the trailer for Total War: Three Kingdoms. It is a brutal and oppressive regime, and as Dong Zhuo's power grows, the empire slips further into the cauldron of anarchy. He is but a figurehead; a mere puppet for the tyrant warlord Dong Zhuo.More news: New York City Is Suing Major Oil Companies Over Climate Change
Three heroes, sworn to brotherhood in the face of tyranny, rally support for the trials ahead.
If you're still down for fantasy battles, check out our guide to the Tomb Kings in Total War: Warhammer II. Will they triumph against the tyrant, or will personal ambition shatter their already crumbling alliance and drive them to supremacy?More news: Divided US Supreme Court may allow OH voter purge policy
Some Chinese fans are just happy that Creative Assembly is paying mind to Chinese culture, especially given that it's the largest and most lucrative video game market in the world right now.
- Sevilla and Man United in ticketing row ahead of Champions League match
- Tsunami advisories cancelled for magnitude 7.6 quake in Caribbean
- Today Analysts Focus on Applied Materials, Inc. (AMAT), Kinder Morgan, Inc. (KMI)
- Weather Outlook: Snow, ice may create travel issues this weekend
- SC seeks response from Centre over morning prayers in Kendra Vidyalayas
- CES 2018: Vivo Demonstrates In-Display Fingerprint Scanning Technology
- Man takes poison at BJP office, dies
- Game Boy is respawning thanks to Hyperkin
- Call of Duty: WWII's New Nazi Zombies Map Revealed in Latest Trailer
- How Many Healthcare Realty Trust Incorporated (NYSE:HR)'s Analysts Are Bearish?