We've reached out to Tesla for confirmation.
Along with this milestone, the company reports that it has begun installation of the Solar Roof for "non-employee homeowners", a reference to the pilot projects which were installed on the homes of top executives and other employees. Tesla initially expected the rollout of the solar shingles to begin in 2017, with the manufacturing of the first two types of tiles - smooth and textured - to start during summer. This ramp-up seems to be well within Tesla CEO Elon Musk's expectations. Due to unforeseen delays, however, the mass production and installation of the shingles was ultimately pushed back, first to late 2017, and later, to 2018.
Smooth Solar Roof
We have seen Tesla starting to install more solar roof systems in recent months, but we were told that it was still only for employees at that time. And, despite being highly productive, Fremont factory was unable to match up to Tesla's Gigafactory 2 in terms of scale and pace of production.
The "Gigafactory 2" will produce solar PV cells and modules under a partnership between Tesla Inc and Panasonic, which will be responsible for the manufacturing of solar cells to look like computer chips.More news: LG 65-Inch UHD Rollable OLED, 88-Inch 8K OLED Display Showcased
Bloomberg New Energy Finance analyst Hugh Bromley believes that the Solar Tiles' appeal will not only be limited to the United States, as other countries such as Australia might prove to be lucrative markets for the Silicon Valley-based energy company.
These particular roof tiles aim to change the way that rooftop solar installations are perceived, as they will be able to produce clean electricity without compromising the "aesthetic" side of the roof replacing conventional bricks with energy-generating ones. You can customize what percentage of your roof tiles are solar in their online tool; the max is 70 percent. Moreover, the tempered glass of the tiles strengthens their durability and makes them capable of surviving force in contrast to the traditional terracotta and slate roofs.More news: Ibaka, Johnson ejected in Raptors' loss to Heat
The Model 3 sedan has been plagued by production delays and missed schedule.More news: Giants' Landon Collins: Bill Belichick's style isn't what organization wants
- Interior Secretary Zinke: Florida Offshore Oil Drilling Is 'Off The Table'
- Google, Twitter face new lawsuits alleging discrimination against conservative voices
- Teacher handcuffed after questioning superintendent's $38000 raise during school meeting
- Manchester United reach agreement with Paris Saint Germain to sign Lucas Moura
- Freeze Your Butt Off In This Game Of Thrones Ice Hotel
- The Weeknd distances himself from H&M after monkey sweatshirt row
- French actress defends men's 'right to hit on' women
- From Trump to Time's Up, what stars said at the Golden Globes
- Search for MH370 continues, to cost between RM82m to RM280m if found
- Motorola presents new mod to check vital signs