Lawal therefore said the call by the coach should be taken seriously by the duo of Musa and Iheanacho and others who are suffering similar fate in their clubs.
"Slimani played well in the last game", Puel said.
The Nigerian internationals have been out of favour for selection at Leicester City since the arrival of new coach.
These concerns were expressed in a meeting arranged by Leicester City owner Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha after the game.More news: AAP welcomes SC decision for new SIT to probe 186 anti-Sikh
He has made just nine Premier League games this season and has started just two of them.
Leicester City manager Claude Puel believes there is a possibility of Musa leaving in the January transfer window.
A former global, Garba Lawal has supported the recent call by the coach of the Super Eagles, Gernot Rohr for Ahmed Musa and Kelechi Iheanacho to change club, if they are to stand any chance of playing for Nigeria at the 2018 World Cup.
"I expect these players who are not playing regularly, especially Musa and Iheanacho, to get another club in the same league or elsewhere".More news: Call of Duty: WWII's New Nazi Zombies Map Revealed in Latest Trailer
"Also it is hard because he is a player behind Jamie Vardy and it means he doesn't get many opportunities".
The former Manchester City prodigy arrived at the club for a hefty £25m in the summer, prompting huge excitement among the Foxes faithful over the potential of the 21-year-old.
"Shinji Okazaki is also playing well, so it is hard for him".
"I hope they keep fighting for shirts to get a playing time or quit the club for a better team willing to give them playing time to showcase their talent", he concluded.More news: Antonio Conte admits Chelsea failed in effort to sign Virgil van Dijk
- Another California House Republican announces his retirement
- Packers executive Eliot Wolf to Cleveland, according to reports
- How Many Healthcare Realty Trust Incorporated (NYSE:HR)'s Analysts Are Bearish?
- Astros acquire pitcher Gerrit Cole from Pirates
- Parineeti Chopra signed opposite Akshay Kumar for Karan Johar's Kesari
- Target (TGT) Upgraded to Positive by UBS Group
- Sen Feinstein Release of Fusion GPS Testimony Disgrace, Possibly Illegal
- Pakistani Journalist working for Indian channel escapes abduction bid in Islamabad
- Serge Ibaka, James Johnson ejected after trading punches
- Harvey Weinstein slapped in face, cursed out at restaurant