The company has created an app called Mobile Connect that will let you have similar functionality and plans to ship the app on most of its new PCs.
Interestingly, Dell notes that notifications will even work with iOS devices, which traditionally are locked down into other devices within Apple's own ecosystem.More news: Messi, Suarez On Target In Routine Barca Win
During a recent demo, I watched as a text sent to an Android phone arrived on both the handset and the connected XPS 13. Once configured, your smartphone and PC will communicate via Bluetooth and WiFi Direct technologies.
Hands-free phone calls - make and take phone calls, automatically routed through your PC and handled by using your PC's speakers and microphone.
The kicker is what Inditzky calls a proprietary wireless connection between an Android smartphone and the PC. It does not use Internet or a router, so your data remains secure.More news: Israeli shot near West Bank settlement dies
In an interview with VentureBeat, Frank Azor, general manager for Dell laptops, said, "When you look at Dell Mobile Connect and what that solution offers, it's centered around reducing the frustration of having to manage two devices every day". There is a pro version of Pushbullet, which removes the limit on sending messages, increases the maximum file size for sharing, gives you 100 GB of cloud storage and adds actionable notifications as well as universal copy and paste. According to Inditzky, you'll have to hover over the notification with your mouse to see the full notification, preserving your privacy in public places.
Once you pair your phone to your Dell PC, you can customize which app notifications will appear in your Windows-based OS. In a demonstration, it seemed to work flawlessly, though there was a small bit of lag.
When you're able to answer calls and text messages directly from your computer, it's definitely a huge convenience because you don't have to pick up your phone.More news: India woman kills self over relationship with Muslim man
- Selena Gomez's Instagram revamp
- Nokia 6 Smartphone Gets Android 8.0 Oreo Update
- World Bank Raises Outlook as Growth Hits Fastest Pace Since 2011
- Coachella Marijuana Ban: Weed Is Legal in Cali., but NOT at Festival
- Kelly Clarkson Reveals Why She Joined 'The Voice' Over 'American Idol' Reboot
- Cam Newton Famous CTE Expert Calls BS ... That's a Concussion
- North Korea 'likely' to join Winter Games: IOC official
- Mark Wahlberg paid far more than Michelle Williams for Money reshoots
- Iwobi in trouble for attending party before Arsenal defeat to Forest
- Canadian Passport Ranked #4 Best To Have In The World