In the novels, Enola Holmes is the fourteen-year-old sister of the famous literary detective that shares her namesake, Sherlock Holmes. She's one of the main characters on the critically-acclaimed and much-beloved Netflix TV series Stranger Things, and now, she's set to make a big move to the big screen, gearing up to star and produce an multi-film franchise. On top of that, the girl has her own production company, PCMA Productions, which is onboard to co-produce the untitled Enola Holmes flick.More news: Agency says it will hold 'parties accountable' for JFK airport flood
Although Enola doesn't exist in Arthur Conan Doyle's original Holmes works, Springer's books lean heavily on Doyle's canon and characters: for instance, after arriving in London, Enola runs into Inspector Lestrade, who is on his way to help Sherlock with a case. However, while her elder brothers initially dismiss the budding sleuth's skills, Enola proves resourceful, fearless, and keenly observant.More news: French actress defends men's 'right to hit on' women
More news: Interior Secretary Zinke: Florida Offshore Oil Drilling Is 'Off The Table'
Brown developed a relationship with Legendary as she just completed a starring role in the Michael Dougherty-directed Godzilla sequel for Legendary and Warner Bros. Not to mention the fact that there's a trend for more female-led blockbusters at the moment, following on from the likes of Wonder Woman and the new Star Wars movies.
- Ibaka, Johnson ejected in Raptors' loss to Heat
- China Says 32 People, Mostly Iranians, Missing After Oil Tanker Collision
- LG 65-Inch UHD Rollable OLED, 88-Inch 8K OLED Display Showcased
- Snow strands thousands of tourists in Switzerland
- Willie Nelson Cancels Shows Due to Breathing Issues
- Google, Twitter face new lawsuits alleging discrimination against conservative voices
- From Trump to Time's Up, what stars said at the Golden Globes
- Krypton: Time travel offers untold Superman opportunities
- United Kingdom grocer Sainsbury's has record Christmas week as online sales grow
- Search for MH370 continues, to cost between RM82m to RM280m if found