Police on Tuesday had arrested Karia after finding a white Audi belonging to the wanted Abhijeet Mankar, co-owner of the 1Above pub where the inferno claimed 14 lives on December 29, at his residence.
The Sanghvi brothers, who were on the run since the incident, were arrested from the Andheri area here, Additional Commissioner of Police S Jaikumar told PTI. The officer added that the police found a auto that Mankar owned outside Kariya's residence.
A Mumbai court today remanded a 42-year-old hotelier, arrested for allegedly sheltering the absconding accused in the Kamala Mills compound fire case, in police custody for eight days. Police also recovered a high-end vehicle belonging to Mankar from Karia's place.More news: Sen Feinstein Release of Fusion GPS Testimony Disgrace, Possibly Illegal
To arrest the Sanghvi brothers, police acted on inputs shared by Vishal Karia.
The police had, earlier, announced a reward of Rs 1 lakh for the whereabouts of the 1 Above owners.
Police booked the Sanghvi brothers, Mankar and others under IPC sections 304 (culpable homicide not amounting to murder), 337 (causing hurt by act endangering life or personal safety of others) and 338 (causing grievous hurt by act endangering life or personal safety of others).More news: Today Analysts Focus on Applied Materials, Inc. (AMAT), Kinder Morgan, Inc. (KMI)
Karia has reportedly told the police that Mankar's auto was handed over to him by Kripesh Sanghvi at 3.30 am on December 29, hours after the fire broke out.
Following the Fire Brigade report, the police last week arrested Yug Pathak, one of the co-owners of Mojo's Bistro. Sanghvi brothers and Mankar have been absconding since the incident.
Meanwhile, as a fallout of the Kamala Mills Compound fire, only one among 14 applicants got a nod for rooftop restaurant in Mumbai.More news: Call of Duty: WWII's New Nazi Zombies Map Revealed in Latest Trailer
- J&K opposition to boycott CM's speech on governor's address
- U.S. and Britain fail to cause Iran unrest
- Bills GM thinks Incognito accusation involved a 'misunderstanding'
- Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi Wants to Invest $1 Billion in Auto Tech Startups
- Sets 'Record Straight' Following Catt Sadler's Claims Of Wage Disparity
- Harvey Weinstein slapped in face, cursed out at restaurant
- Celine Dion Continuing to Cancel Shows Due to Throat Infection
- Man takes poison at BJP office, dies
- Lenovo mixes smartphone features into its all-day Miix 630
- Flying Philander leads Proteas to first test victory over India