Ellington said he considered shooting after catching the inbounds pass from Goran Dragic, but made a decision to drive along the baseline past Toronto's Pascal Siakam before laying the ball in off the glass.
Dragic had 24 points and matched his career high with 12 rebounds as Miami extended its season-best winning streak to five. Bam Adebayo had 16 points and a career-high 15 rebounds, while Hassan Whiteside added 13 points and 15 boards in the victory.More news: South Korean Officials Head to Border for Talks With North
Toronto Raptors fans everywhere collectively held their breath and prayed as Kyle Lowry lay on the hardwood floor in obvious pain, after colliding with Brooklyn Nets guard Joe Harris at the Barclays Centre on Monday night.
It was Toronto's first home loss since November 5 against Washington. At one point in the third quarter, a fight broke out mid-play between Serge Ibaka and James Johnson, one which led to both guys throwing punches and getting ejected.
Miami had the ball on the sideline with a hair over three seconds left.More news: Bigg Boss 11: THIS celebrity to WIN Salman Khan's show?
With Lowry's injury appearing not to be too serious, Raptors' head coach Dwane Casey tried to make light of the situation with a punny joke prior to their game against the Heat. "There was a physicality, an edge to the game".
Portland Trail Blazers guard C.J. McCollum had 27 points and seven assists in the team's 117-106 victory over the Oklahoma City Thunder, who have lost four of their past six games.More news: French actress defends men's 'right to hit on' women
- Manchester United reach agreement with Paris Saint Germain to sign Lucas Moura
- Snow strands thousands of tourists in Switzerland
- Millie Bobby Brown to Play Sherlock Holmes' Sister Enola Holmes
- Russell Simmons denies new 'horrific' rape allegations
- United Kingdom grocer Sainsbury's has record Christmas week as online sales grow
- Willie Nelson Cancels Shows Due to Breathing Issues
- No. 8 Texas Tech quite familiar with No. 9 Oklahoma's standout
- Guardiola stresses importance of EFL Cup win
- Arab League Drafts Response To Trump's Jerusalem Decision
- Teacher handcuffed after questioning superintendent's $38000 raise during school meeting