HTC Vive was released nearly two years ago and the much awaited hardware revision has arrived.
The HTC Vive Pro has popped up on the Vive's website recently! The next generation of Vive headsets is being prepared, with HTC revealing the Vive Pro at CES 2018, and setting its sights on the second half of the year for the cable-free Vive Wireless Adaptor.
"There's a clear need in the VR market for a premium VR experience with high resolution display, integrated audio and the best components available today in a headset", Daniel O'Brien, general manager of HTC's VIVE in the USA market, said in a statement.More news: No. 8 Texas Tech quite familiar with No. 9 Oklahoma's standout
It does so by incorporating Intel's WiGig technology, though we'll have to wait a little longer for the Pro (and existing Vive headsets) to cut the cord: the Vive Pro is expected to launch before the end of March while the Wireless Adaptor is expected during the third quarter of 2018.
The Pro's total resolution will be 2880×1600, almost a 78 percent increase in pixels over the current Vive's 2160×1200.
Other changes the upcoming headsets boasts over its predecessor are detachable headphones that cancel outside sound and a new design to block more light out of the headset in order to keep virtual reality immersive and unimpeded. This is no flawless 2nd generation solution to the lingering problem that plagues current generation VR known as the screen door effect, but this is most likely the best we can expect while still keeping VR runnable on modern systems. Apps requiring training simulations will offer a richer experience thanks to the new resolution ratio.More news: Willie Nelson Cancels Shows Due to Breathing Issues
Bad news if you picked up a TPCast wireless VR adapter in the past few weeks: an improved edition is already on the way.
The first hints of the update were released last week by the company after some SNS posts involving key words such as new year and new resolution. The Vive Pro will also ship with the latest Steam VR tracking system at the date of its release.More news: Motorola presents new mod to check vital signs
- Madrasas produce terrorists, says Shia Central Waqf Board chief; demands ban
- Arab League Drafts Response To Trump's Jerusalem Decision
- Giants' Landon Collins: Bill Belichick's style isn't what organization wants
- The Weeknd distances himself from H&M after monkey sweatshirt row
- Tesla finally begins production of its high-tech solar roofs
- Trailer video spoils the main event match for WWE Fastlane
- From Trump to Time's Up, what stars said at the Golden Globes
- United Kingdom grocer Sainsbury's has record Christmas week as online sales grow
- Manchester United reach agreement with Paris Saint Germain to sign Lucas Moura
- LG 65-Inch UHD Rollable OLED, 88-Inch 8K OLED Display Showcased